Staun deflators

strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

i still prefer the old school method though

i got me 2 digital air gauges ..... 1 from carrefour for 20aed and 1 from ace (bushranger) for 59aed

they both work fine for me

ive also got the ARB E-Z deflator as well but still prefer the old school method as it is faster and easier for me
ghoonk

I have the Ironman4x4 deflator, the Staun II, and the Bushranger deflators. I thought the latter one was the easiest to use, nothing to set up...

That was until I met strawb, and then I realised i wasted all my money. i should have just bought a valve pin remover and a digital pressure gauge. Ever since he taught me how to deflate using that old school method, I've never bothered with anything else :)

strawb;30058 wrote:i still prefer the old school method though

i got me 2 digital air gauges ..... 1 from carrefour for 20aed and 1 from ace (bushranger) for 59aed

they both work fine for me

ive also got the ARB E-Z deflator as well but still prefer the old school method as it is faster and easier for me
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

Abu Jimmy;17784 wrote:Old school style is always better , but , its harder as well . specially when i call you to help me searching for the lost pin that flew away ... :005:
Old school method is the fastest but need to have a spare valve in hand while deflating as it will not be easy to find valve once fly away and tire become flat if starts talking to someone .
I recently buy ARB EZ deflator and found that it is very slow to deflate and its a waste as I used to do old school style. Then I did a little modification to it. Air release hole in EZ deflator is very small approximately 2 mm diameter that's the reason of deflating slow. I made the hole bigger to 5 mm by drilling and now it is deflating very fast like old school method and there is no chance of flying valve and can check pressure while deflating.
mathwz05
Club Member
Club Member

Al,

I just got my pair of original Staun deflators from Souq last month and it works great!! Check it out guys...

http://uae.souq.com/ae-en/staun-offroad ... F%3Fsf%3D1

Thanks,
Mathew
mathwz05
Club Member
Club Member

Fat Rabbit;17715 wrote:Good afternoon all,

Just visited ARB in Dubai, was surprised to find out that Staun has closed its factories. But Staun's website is still operational... Hummm

The standard staun deflators (set of 4) is sold at aed 250, up from aed 100 according to their own sales person. How much did you guys get them for? Just wanted to check before purchasing them. They said they have only 3 pcs left becoz the factory is shut, and now sell SmittyBilt instead.

Appreciate your feedback,
Guys,

Original Staun Tyre Deflators are back and available in the UAE with manufacturer warranty. I bought them on http://uae.souq.com/ae-en/staun-offroad ... 7187403/i/ and they work great!

Thanks,
Mtw
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

mathwz05;45794 wrote:Guys,

...and they work great!

Thanks,
Mtw
I can hardly believe to what you are saying. Just after using them measure the tyre pressure individually and you'll see the difference. The may work great, to deflate the tyres fully, if you forget watching them. :ORLY:
mathwz05
Club Member
Club Member

caprihorse;45799 wrote:I can hardly believe to what you are saying. Just after using them measure the tyre pressure individually and you'll see the difference. The may work great, to deflate the tyres fully, if you forget watching them. :ORLY:
lol...my friend who used a fake Staun deflator ridiculed me on similar lines. But the original one that i am carrying works just fine. :)! Do ensure its the original...
Which deflator are you using btw?

cheers
Mtw
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

mathwz05;45800 wrote: Which deflator are you using btw?

cheers
Mtw
Nobody in our club is using this Staun stuff. Most of our members are using this:

http://www.almost4x4.com/marshal/shampic/deflator.jpg
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

Tried and tested personally by me .....
honestly id rather use the pin remover and guage (the whole idea of this deflater doesnt put my mind to ease and i rather watch my tire pressures rather than some device have it watching for me, afterall offroading is a dangerous activity )
Adam
Intermediate
Intermediate

I have used Stauns before I started using the ARB deflator. I personally prefer the ARB deflator.