Friday Snack

Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

Friday Snack was an easy and smooth drive, just to enjoy the beauty of the desert, nevertheless we had some challenging section.
We started from Big Red, up to 2nd Dec we drove safari style, no traffic, but the sand was really chewed up.
After crossing the road, we drove in a relative small area, new for most of the drivers, no tracks at all, soft sand and extremly technical, probably the most interesting part of the whole trip.
After this section we drove fast to Al Faya, there we had half an hour fun, few tracks, nice dune and amazing crests.
At 5.30pm we drove back to 2nd Dec, unfortunatelly during the way back something happened to Zorro's car, (Jeep things), actually he had the rear right spring broken in two pieces, we lifted the car and removed it, and we moved slowly back to our final destination.
All in all it was a fun afternoon with a few stucks and some second try:011:
I would like to thank Zorro for the support in sweeping and rescue and of course all the participants, was nice to meet you guys and girl, you did all a good job.
See you next time.
Cheers
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi Yoghybear

It was nice to see that you guys had good time too. On the other hand, sorry for [MENTION=1803]Zorro[/MENTION] but as you know " part of the game " . Actually, I think it is good that it happened in an easy drive and nearby area .

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=alshamsi_m;43960]Hi Yoghybear

It was nice to see that you guys had good time too. On the other hand, sorry for @Zorro but as you know " part of the game " . Actually, I think it is good that it happened in an easy drive and nearby area .

Regards[/quote]

Hi Bu Salem,
it was a pitty that we couldn't join you after the trip.....but it took nearly two hours to reach home.
Anyway you are right, it happened in an easy area and during a smooth drive, so at the end of the day we must be happy!
I m sure he will be ready for next one.
See you soon, waiting for next one:028:
Rob
OffroadRon
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hey Roberto,
it was good driving with you again after such long time! The trip was nice and particularly good for me to gain more experience with the Jeep and the manual transmission.
Thanks to all the other team members for the nice company

Ron
Mohammad
Advance
Advance

It was a nice snack indeed.. Thank you yoghybear & zorro for making the trip. Moved on Swiss time, started with an easy base and the most part I loved was after 2nd Dec, technical and faster..

Well, Zorro I guess you should not through the part as you can use it as a decoration part, paint it white and put a vase holder inside for a fresh flower ��.. Trust me I saw something similar in The mall selling it for 100+ ..
ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

What a great drive, and the perfect mix of dunes. Classic Yoghybear-style, with those very technical dunes to the left of the track just after 2nd Dec, being my firm favourites.

Al Faya was a bit of a mess with far too many cars, tours and the usual show-offs. In fact there was one example of a another group following us far too closely, but more importantly all without any flagpoles, meaning of course that they could not be seen over the sharp crests. There is a very good reason why we insist on safely equipment for every drive!

I was given the challenge of being 2nd lead, which behind Yoghybear requires a great deal of concentration and care. I was so exhausted after the drive that unfortunately I could not stay for the get-together with Bu Salem and the newbies. I hope it went well.

Many thanks to all the organisers.
Zorro
Advance
Advance

Nice Friday afternoon guys, as the trip’s name implied it was more of a snack, than a full meal, nevertheless still a tasty one.

The track between Badayer to Faya doesn’t have the most technical dunes, nor the freshest sand out there, but Yoghy with his magic managed to squeeze out the fun from every dune, regardless how flat it was, and make it enjoyable.

The convoy moved along pretty smoothly for the entire drive, with just a stuck and my broken spring.

Considering the abuse the Jeep goes through, a broken spring isn’t too bad, and if it was prone to fail, better it happened in Faya than Liwa. Can’t imagine driving home from Hameem at 80kph!! Took 2 hrs. from 2 Dec. As Bu Salem said, its part of the game, not much to do.

Mohammad, that idea run through my mind, but we’ve got enough car derived decorations around the house…… just to name one, I’ve got an old piston from the Ram laying somewhere in my bedroom!

Weather has cooled down in the recent weeks and will get better and better, that’s awesome. But Badayer and surrounding areas are the opposite, worse each week, and quite dangerous at times!! Time to drive in new areas.

Thank you all.

See u soon
matts
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hey [MENTION=1803]Zorro[/MENTION] is it an ARB spring like the ones in the kits from Mebar? If it is those things have a 3 year warranty, might be worth asking. Hope to get out again with you guys soon!
Zorro
Advance
Advance

[quote=matts;43975]Hey @Zorro is it an ARB spring like the ones in the kits from Mebar? If it is those things have a 3 year warranty, might be worth asking. Hope to get out again with you guys soon![/quote]

Hi Matts, yes it's a Mebar kit with Old Man Emu springs. I see the ARB/OME website says warranty is either 3 years or 60,000Kms. Springs are only 2 years old, but Jeep has 88,000Kms on the clock, with 80,000 on those springs, so warranty is gone. Thanks anyway for telling, may be useful for the new set. Got it fixed this morning