At Sunrise 2

ZaheR
Intermediate
Intermediate

Well this drive is previewed from 6am to 9am on the 18th of july. Yes i am reporting while the drive is still going, continue reading to know why.

So today was the second time in my life that i put my feet in the sand. First time was for the Ramadan Iftar 2015, we cannot call that really a drive.

Being curious i saw a Newbie10+ drive. I said to myself that it is a good opportunity if i can join with somebody as a passanger so i can discover before I take my future club member drive.

[MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] proposed himself generously to take me as his passenger and I accepted.

This morning I was on time, so excited to see how the drive will be. To be sure not to be hungry i ate 2bananas and a juice at 5am.

Convoy took off at 06:10 with 1Marshal - 2Advanced - 1Intermediate - 3marshals - 2passengers ( [MENTION=1803]Zorro[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION]).

The first 15mins were so cool. Tornado was eating the dunes one after another. Everybody was keeping the path and drivers were good. Yoghy had a little smile on his face and told me drivers are keeping up so let's step it up a little bit.

At this moment we started jumping over the dunes, taking sharp angles, mistreating the suspension but the car kept screaming asking for more.

At this stage, without noticing i started sweating a lot even though the Ac was full on my face. My sight started to blurr and i was feeling my stomach beging Tornado please stop please stop. I didn't dare to say anything to Yoghy, I didn't want to appear weak, but my mouth started to do the puking gesture on it's own. I tried to control myself so hard. At this moment Yoghy noticed me and started smiling, he talked to the convoy on his radio saying with a smile on his face: "guys we have to stop for five minutes, i have a sick passenger. "

Felt so embarrassed, we stopped and I started walking a little bit tornading around tornado to see if the sickness goes away.

One driver came to me ( sorry i still don't know all the names) telling me: "didn't you take your pills?" I looked back at him with a what the hell are you talking about look. He seemed very serious about it and told me that all passengers should take the pills. I understood at that point that he was talking about some transport sickness relief pills. Yoghy shaked his head and said: "yes i should have warned you to take that but it nevers happen to me when i am a passenger"

Well i felt a little bit better knowing that the sickness is common and can happen frequently. I felt a little less weak.

Then Yoghy suggested that i go in the sweeper car [MENTION=1687]Arminjune[/MENTION], which should be softer ( as a high strategic person i am sure he was sending me to the sweeper so I don't throw up in his car :D).

Last jokes were made and i was given a plastic bag if something happens. I was not even allowed to eat the oranges :'(

I went with Arminjune but was dizzy to a point were i forgot my car keys in Yoghy's tornado. After 5mins with the sweeper, I felt even worth and knew that throwing up time was coming. He noticed it and kindly asked me if i wanted to go back. I felt so bad because I didn't want to ruin his drive but in my condition i was very happy to accept that proposal.

While we were driving back to deposit me to my car @badayer i remembered that i left my car keys in Tornado. 1 shit doesn't come alone like we say :D

Armin dropped me at 07:30 at the shops. I told him it is okay i will wait until the drive finishes so i can take my car key back.

Sickness took more than 20mins to go away until 07:55, drank some water and while waiting i said to myself let's share this with the almosters. Laughing is forbidden 😋

I know that this is not a report from a driver but an uncomplete passenger experience. I think that when you are a passenger in a desert drive you need a little bit of preparation and TAKE THAT PILLS. Hope any future passengers will read this and be prepared.

I think i will not forget this first experience and thanks to all the convoy for being patient with me. Special thanks to [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1687]Arminjune[/MENTION]

Ps: written from my phone at the shops while waiting for the convoy to come back. When i come back home i will edit with the right smilies and tags :p
Sambhu

Hi Almoster ,

Zaher don't need to be embarrass , nobody feel bad about it , it happen to me too .
after you got out of tornado i step in next to yogy in his car as the climate was getting hotter i too started to feel dizzy so i asked yogi to stop the car and took a break .
again we started immediately after 5 Mins i felt like through up and we stop and i trew up coming out of the car .
yogi suggested to me to go back to the car which i was passenger with ( Bijubs Car) and then after coming back i was feeling OK .
Over All drive was in Style it had lot of hurdle , sick passenger(which includes me) , 2 round , zinger got cut in his tyre was replaced immediately with help of Almoster , then he got stuck was recovered soon at that moment Yogi car transmission failed and one of FJ ( Bro dont know ur Name) pulled him out till Badayer. and ended the drive

The drive was Yogi Style . Thanks for Marshall for the drive . i enjoyed as a passenger.
Bijubs thanks to you too for letting me in as passenger with you.
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

[quote=Sambhu;43097]
zinger got cut in his tyre was replaced immediately with help of Almoster.[/quote]

Zinger?
at least he was still spicy.
now I know why I wanted to bite him all the time
pato mwazi
Club Member
Club Member

so that was you guys trying to play bumper cars at the Badayer Shops....we were deflating when you guys came in...black pathfinder and a blue jeep
ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sunrise 2 was a great fun drive in classic Yoghy-style through Area 53. This was of course a Newbie drive and the 3 drivers did very well indeed. I was given the responsibility of 2nd lead, which behind Yoghybear is always a challenge! There were a few occasions where I had to ‘change the line’ and so I was concentrating hard in what was fun mix of high dunes and technical. Starting early meant we also had the benefit of the pleasant cool weather.
90% through the drive I took a side-crest slightly took fast, and blew out a rear tyre. What seems to have happened is that the additional leaf which I added to strengthen my rear leaf-spring suspension, has a long fixing bolt which when the car was pushed hard to one side, touched the inside wall of the tyre (cutting it in 5 places!). I will have to give some thought about how to permanently fix this problem (it’s be fine for 2 years, but obviously not right on the ‘limit’!)
Thank you to all for helping me put on the spare tyre (and most importantly locating the very cleaver Japanese mechanism to lower the spare tyre from its mount!).
Lesson number 2 was that a 7 year old spare wheel may look ok and be fully inflated, but I have now replaced the tyre - as it got me home but then decided to go flat. It’s definitely worth occasionally taking it out completely, rather than just popping your head under and looking at it!
As often happens after an incident, I then lost concentration on a simple dune getting stuck, needing a tow, and subsequently leading to Zorro also getting himself stuck. At the same time Yoghybear lost his transmission, and needed to be towed out. So a rather frustrating 10% end to what was 90% a truly excellent drive.

Many thanks to all the organisers.
Red Baron
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hey Almosters, after reading the below reports I just wanted way in with my comments and also to share some of the pictures. This was my second trip as a passenger, since I am still waiting to earn my first star like @ZaheR. So please note this is from a passengers point of view. Anyway I was to join with marshal @alshamsi_m, but unfortunately he couldn't make it. So @Zorro invited me to join in his vehicle. We took off around 0610 hours from Badayar shops after the briefing. First 3/4 of the drive was fast (compare to the last week newbie 10- drive), hitting the dunes fast and hard. As @ginger mentioned so it is called Yoghy-style. :D Drivers were terrific, clear and confident. (all of them were old members, so may be it is obvious)
It was unfortunate what happened to @ZaheR, but there is nothing to be embarrassed about. Sad part is that you missed the drive. @ginger blew out his rear tyre, but was able to fix it fast, only trouble was to find where the hell was the tyre and how to take it out. It was a good lesson for me because I have the same vehicle I bought recently and I didn't know it. I felt really stupid of myself also. So the lesson learned: "Know your vehicle, before you drive it". Then we had a stuck vehicle and took some time to recover it and the same time Yoghy's transmission failed. But we managed to return to Badayar shops safely.
Eventhough we had some slow end, majority of it was great, a thrilling drive.

Thanks @Yoghybear for organizing the drive and many thanks to @Zorro for taking me on the drive, even though buckling up your safety belts were hard. lol :p Thanks for giving me some pointers, and answered all my questions, so I can use the knowledge when I hit the dunes. And It was nice meeting you all, met a few exp drivers in the club.

Until I see you guys again in the sand. (this time hopefully in my car)

Cheers

R.B

P.S: Thanks @ginger for showing some useful techs in Xterra before I drive. :D and
R.B
Red Baron
Intermediate
Intermediate

And here are some pictures...

https://www.facebook.com/vijitha/media_ ... nref=story

please let me know if you can't see it.
R.B
bijubs

@Yoghybear @ginger @Mohammad [MENTION=2067]bijubs[/MENTION] @margarita @Arminjune @fida @Zorro - passenger :- [MENTION=8632]Sambhu[/MENTION] [MENTION=10036]Red Baron[/MENTION] @ZaheR

A talented above team had a wonderful time with [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] style ... all above trip report will reflect the trip fun.. i had built a lot of confident after the drive.. thanks for the organisers to welcome me to part of this team ...

Enjoyed the drive at its maximum as just a one and half hours drive given a feeling of one and half year in desert !!!

Thanks for
@margarita for key cover of ramy4x4 ,
[COLOR=#ff8c00 [MENTION=8632]Sambhu[/MENTION][/COLOR] being my passenger and compressor pipe ..
@ginger - for grapes ,
@Mohammad - for nice cool drinks served in nice cool bag
@Arminjune - as usual happy and funny team maker [MENTION=1803]Zorro[/MENTION] - very matured observer.
@fida helping hand for entire convoy
bijubs

Dears :- pls find some photos of runsise 2 ... Enjoy
JohnnyD
Club Member
Club Member

Cool photos you got there :like: