Feel the Heat

ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

I think we all managed to feel the heat sufficiently!
We had a very large convoy, soft sand, and small some-times technical dunes. A perfect combination therefore for a lot of incidents (stuck, pop-out), followed by plenty of recovery practice!

In many ways it was a slightly frustrating drive, but nevertheless I was really pleased to be out again in the sand with friends old and new. For me it was fascinating to visit the ghost town for the first time.

My guest especially liked the climb at the end, the sunset, and the immediate drop in temperature.

Many thanks to the organisers.
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

[video=youtube;VjxSy_4a8RM][/video]
elena

wow! [MENTION=8718]momo[/MENTION]! super video! i think we should nominate you for Oscar awards soon! very impressive! especially Ghost town! only heard of that, thank you for showing it!
Mohammad
Advance
Advance

[MENTION=1864]strawb[/MENTION] you have been missed specially after a long break.. hope to be catch up with you soon.. take care
Hassanz

Dear members,

i would like like to share a incident that happen to me related to this trip. I would like to know if this was case for you as well and look for any suggestions/advise

So I get a call from Traffic dept to come down to the station today. Although it was very inconvenient but the officer showed the matter was imp. Prior to this call I experienced that I got a fine which I completely didn't know about. It was for impounding the car due to running away from the police, I was going to go the traffic dept to object the fine but I got the call from the police anyways. So I ended up at the station which was closed, after taking several rounds of station in the afternoon heat. I called the officer and we finally found each other. He told me that I have to leave my car at the station to which I was surprised and asked why ? He told he doesn't know but I have to. After a while he told me the whole story. On a Friday in Lahbab (the trip day) there were group of people who were recklessly driving and performing stunts. To which the police responded, the drivers tried to escape to which they ended up crashing into a police car which was apparently the mudeer's car (manager). Some of them were able to escape the scene, so in order to catch them the police is calling everyone who was in the area that particular day and there will be investigation who were the culprits apparently. I felt trapped in this I didn't do anything still I have to bear the penalty! I left my car because I thought it's the best time I'm traveling for umrah the next week but now I'm here in the bus station thinking how unfair the procedure is, yes I was there in the desert that day enjoying with other desert enthusiasts but didn't act irrationally. I fee the investigation could have been done in a much better way where the innocents didn't have to bear the loss. In the end I'm not blaming the authorities, it's the process and those who kill the purpose of having fun by acting irresponsibly
Hassanz

Dear members,

i would like like to share a incident that happen to me related to this trip. I would like to know if this was case for you as well and look for any suggestions/advise

So I get a call from Traffic dept to come down to the station today. Although it was very inconvenient but the officer showed the matter was imp. Prior to this call I experienced that I got a fine which I completely didn't know about. It was for impounding the car due to running away from the police, I was going to go the traffic dept to object the fine but I got the call from the police anyways. So I ended up at the station which was closed, after taking several rounds of station in the afternoon heat. I called the officer and we finally found each other. He told me that I have to leave my car at the station to which I was surprised and asked why ? He told he doesn't know but I have to. After a while he told me the whole story. On a Friday in Lahbab (the trip day) there were group of people who were recklessly driving and performing stunts. To which the police responded, the drivers tried to escape to which they ended up crashing into a police car which was apparently the mudeer's car (manager). Some of them were able to escape the scene, so in order to catch them the police is calling everyone who was in the area that particular day and there will be investigation who were the culprits apparently. I felt trapped in this I didn't do anything still I have to bear the penalty! I left my car because I thought it's the best time I'm traveling for umrah the next week but now I'm here in the bus station thinking how unfair the procedure is, yes I was there in the desert that day enjoying with other desert enthusiasts but didn't act irrationally. I fee the investigation could have been done in a much better way where the innocents didn't have to bear the loss. In the end I'm not blaming the authorities, it's the process and those who kill the purpose of having fun by acting irresponsibly.
[MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] I look forward for your advise as I will be going to umrah next week should I tell them that I was with the group. Hope tht should not be a problem for the clubs name.