Snatch Strap

Aeyaz

Hi,

I am a Club member. Collecting my equipments now. The only thing left is the snatch strap.
I have attached something i found in Adventure HQ in Times Square. Can any expert have a look at this n confirm if this will be okay to use and get qualify my status as newbie driver?
I just want to confirm this with someone who knows this better so that i dont end up buying the wrong one :)

ImageImageImage
Duli

Hi Aeyaz,

I am not sure on this rope but by the name it looks like a winch extension. Also, in the specifications it does not mention the stretch capacity.

I had bought one snatch strap from adventure HQ. The name has skipped my mind at the moment but I am sure it is not this one.

You could check with the Almost 4x4 garage if they have the viking ropes available and get one from there.

The marshals will be able to give you more insight :)
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Duli is right ... that is not a Snatch rope ... this one is hard as a cable .

Look for " A " rated snatch rope

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
fadi
Intermediate
Intermediate

At Adventure HQ you will find "OZ Trail Snatch Strap" in 8ton or 11ton with 20% Stretch, choose according to the weight of your car to get close enough to the 20% stretch.
Find the link below.

http://www.adventurehq.ae/products/land ... strap.aspx

Also you can get one at ARB in International City you will get a discounted price on mentioning the club.
Duli

Yes. That's the one I have. The Oz trail snatch strap 11 ton. I have used it many times for my f150 and an happy with the performance. Still I would recommend the viking rope as the main rope tho.
Aeyaz

Thanks guys for the advice.
I am not buying this.
Instead will check for the one fadi adviced.

I checked for viking. Its not available now.
Any other suggestion from anyone?
Aeyaz

I just found this snatch strap in ACE for AED 219.
Can someone confirm if this is fine? It says 8000KG, 9 meters long and 50 mm wide.
Or do I need a more expensive 11000KG snatch strap?

I use a 4L 2012 Prado TXL. The car weight is around 2500 KG.

Also Is 3.25 Tn D shackle (OZTrail brand from adventure HQ) fine for my car? Or do i need bigger one like 4.75T?

ImageImageImage
Duli

Hi Aeyaz.
Again on this strap it does not mention the available stretch in the rope.
As advised earlier look for a snatch strap which has a stretch capacity. The Oz trail is good from my personal experience if you don't want to get the viking rope.
fadi
Intermediate
Intermediate

Fully agree with Duli,

This one does not mention Stretch and is most probably a normal Strap and not worth the money.

Unfortunately Viking Rope is not available since a long time.
Mark B
Golden Member
Golden Member

Viking rope from Almost garage, 30% stretch. Cannot beat it. I have spent so much money on straps and ropes. The Viking rope is still the best. I got a 16 tonne rope but cannot fit the shakels. Viking rope is the best all round solution. Spend once.

Mark