Newbie from the UK

Fats25

Good Morning. As per title a newbie from the UK. 7 months now in Dubai, and have never driven in the sand, or even off road. Am a competent Enduro bike rider (will try the sand after the summer), but thinking with the summer coming, and a nice air conditioned vehicle it is now the time to try off roading in the car.

Will be looking around the site for some FAQ section, but really I am looking for some advice on how to get into this off-road scene. Am I best to try and hook up with people on here, that would be happy to show a novice the ropes? Or is there an off-road school anyone can recommend to show me the basics?

I have a F150 Raptor which I am happy to take into the dunes, but not going to be doing this until I have some basic knowledge.

Thanks for having me, and looking forward to seeing what it is all about.
Last edited by Phoenix on Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: editing previous data for optimising search box results
Mo Sh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Welcome to the family of Almost4x4, the fourm have sufficient infos for the basics, it will give somehow an idea still this doesn't mean that you can hit the sand based on what you read, It's a complete different story but be rest assured our Marshals, Senior members would be more than happy to walk you through the process.
And as a Truck owner it's a whole different experience to us at last make yourself between family
Last edited by Phoenix on Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: editing previous data for optimising search box results