Need info regarding insurance covering modifications

Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello there
As you guys knowing I'm finalizing details for my new jk which is gonna arrive in a few weeks (the color of my choice which took time) and i am a little confused on what to do regarding the modifications .
Thing is if i modify from agency (As all mopar exclusive parts) which is expensive however in the case of an accident I'm guaranteed a replacement (as insurance value will be value of car+the modifications) this case is only applicable if i modify from agency
On the other hand i can buy the car stock from agency and then modify it at ramy or aev .The mods done there won't be mentioned on paper so in case of an accident all i get is a replacement of the stock part
So now my question to you guys is How do you guys overcome this ?????
Cause i know most wrangler owners prefer modifying their cars outside rather than agency as it costs an arm for modification in the agency

Its been a hard two months without being behind the wheel of a wrangler and i wanna get back as soon as possible :thumbsup:
matts
Intermediate
Intermediate

Defrag did you ever get a response to this. I'm having a nightmare trying to get answers from Axa. Regardless of whether they cover the modifications as replacement parts or not what they dont seem to be able to tell me is if the modified vehicle is covered at all. If it fails because of a modifications will they pay me anything? At this rate Axa will not be providing my insurance next year. Over to RSA it is then!
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=matts;40673]Defrag did you ever get a response to this. I'm having a nightmare trying to get answers from Axa. Regardless of whether they cover the modifications as replacement parts or not what they dont seem to be able to tell me is if the modified vehicle is covered at all. If it fails because of a modifications will they pay me anything? At this rate Axa will not be providing my insurance next year. Over to RSA it is then![/quote]
Honestly speaking i didn't simply have the patience (i waited two weeks for them to reply ) yet they said we need to reconfirm from the management if they provided cover for aftermarket parts. So I went ahead with all molar parts ...
matts
Intermediate
Intermediate

They are useless, think ill be going RSA this time anyway as the other car is with them and at least they ask the question is it modified!