Couple of Newbie questions

YounisMaq

Hi All,

I am going through the list of required equipment for the newbie category, and have a few questions:

1- Flag Pole; I tried Ramy 4x4, AEV, and Icon Auto in Dubai, but none of them have the flag pole with a mount for the F150, Reading on the forum, an alternative solution seems to be double suction caps + Retractable fishing rode ? Is that an option?

2- Rated Hook; Not sure why but the 3 places i asked in "Ramy 4x4, AEV, Icon Auto" Had lots of complicated gear and kit to sell me with auto-winches and mounted on the car permanently, is this whats meant by a "rated hook" I imagined its a bit less complicated than that :)

3- Any suggestions for a good carpenter in Dubai that can fabricate a base plate for my trolley jack ?

Any help would be really appreciated :)

Thanks,
Younis
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

YounisMaq;40074 wrote:Hi All,

I am going through the list of required equipment for the newbie category, and have a few questions:

1- Flag Pole; I tried Ramy 4x4, AEV, and Icon Auto in Dubai, but none of them have the flag pole with a mount for the F150, Reading on the forum, an alternative solution seems to be double suction caps + Retractable fishing rode ? Is that an option?

2- Rated Hook; Not sure why but the 3 places i asked in "Ramy 4x4, AEV, Icon Auto" Had lots of complicated gear and kit to sell me with auto-winches and mounted on the car permanently, is this whats meant by a "rated hook" I imagined its a bit less complicated than that :)

3- Any suggestions for a good carpenter in Dubai that can fabricate a base plate for my trolley jack ?

Thanks,
Younis
Your trolley jack needs a small wooden plate (not used for nothing by carpenter ) you could always purchase the plate from the almost garage aswell
flag pole :you can always buy the suction cups from dragon mart and flag from Ramy and somehow manage to make a fix like that I think [MENTION=8900]Duli[/MENTION] would be better to answer this as he drives an f150 Aswell
rated hook : available in ace or speedex sheikh Zayed road
regards
defragmantor
Duli

Hi Younis,

You will not find the flag mount anywhere for an F150 unless you would like a hole to be drilled either in your truck's bed or the bed's side as we dont have any bolts or spaces in our trucks body. You have 2 options, 1: suction cup with a fishing rod to be attached to your rear glass (Which is a pain, as the glass is not flat). 2: If you have a bed cover, you can drill a hole in it and get the flag mounted on that (This is what I have done). I will try and post a pic of how I got it done sometime later.

For the Hook you can visit: http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... light=hook

Let me know if you need any more info :thumbsup:
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

YounisMaq;40074 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks,
Younis
Hi

If you didnt buy the rated shackles Almost4x4 Garage has a good package with

1. Viking Rope (This is the best type of rope you can use for recovery)
2. 2 rated shackles
3. Rated hook
4. Gloves
5. Carrying bag

Regards
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
YounisMaq

Awesome replies guys :)

Thanks to Defragmantor And Duli And Daggerfall Looks like am all set, Will drop by Speedex and ACE tonight to get the suction cups and Hook.
For the flag pole itself, i'll gp with the solution offered by Andre on this thread ==> http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... ction+cups
[MENTION=8900]Duli[/MENTION], I'll probably bug you with a couple of more questions re-F150 :)

Thanks again everyone,
Younis
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

[MENTION=8900]Duli[/MENTION] OMG :TT TT: another Armada
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

YounisMaq;40087 wrote:Awesome replies guys :)

Thanks to Defragmantor And Duli And Daggerfall Looks like am all set, Will drop by Speedex and ACE tonight to get the suction cups and Hook.
For the flag pole itself, i'll gp with the solution offered by Andre on this thread ==> http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... ction+cups
@Duli, I'll probably bug you with a couple of more questions re-F150 :)

Thanks again everyone,
Younis
Dear YounisMaq,

The solution offered by Andre is only good for light weight / short flag pole such as the white poles with flag available in DragonMart. By experience I attached the thick red colour flag pole (available in Ramy4x4) on a triple suction cup on my roof. And I cracked and broken the screw hole on my section cup because my flag pole was too high and hit a road underpass.

If you are heading Ace Harware, you can buy a long wooden plate and cut it into 3 equal parts. Final parts size should be not much bigger than your jack to keep the plate light weight. Then you can screw them one above the other with 6 or 8 screws. You will end up with thicks wood plate for your jack.

I have a suggestion for fishing rode and section cup, if you fix it vertical position on a window you can connect them with more than one pipe fastener

I hope it helps

Best Regards,
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

alshamsi_m;40088 wrote:@Duli OMG :TT TT: another Armada

Lol :)))))
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Duli

YounisMaq;40087 wrote:Awesome replies guys :)

@Duli, I'll probably bug you with a couple of more questions re-F150 :)

Thanks again everyone,
Younis
Sure Younis, You can bug me anytime.... Afterall, we are one BIG ALMOST FAMILY:grin:
Duli

alshamsi_m;40088 wrote:@Duli OMG :TT TT: another Armada
Lol [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION].... very soon I guess the Jeeps will be out numbered by the Ford ARMADA in the family and [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] will have a bigger truck community Lol