Rally Campers

momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

Camping? It is not all what we do on those nights. Sometimes we get stuck and do recoveries and sometimes we push the 4x4 to the limits such getting stuck on a flat sand area with fully inflated tires :gangs: I keep the driver identity private :033: But what do you feel really is the family spirit because you see everyone with a big smile reaching ears standing in group watching the recovery, helping, teasing each others, having fun and last but not least LEARNING more and more. I like it :thumbsup: We are one big family.

After setting the fire with Iskander we couldn't stay far from it as weather is getting cold.

I didn't slept much on that night. I was using my manual compass for the first time to locate the sunrise. My idea was to try to shoot a sunrise timelapse with my Go Pro camera. I downloaded during the camp an app for android to indicate to the exact degree the sun will rise. It says 110 degree east. Ok so I set the compass to 110 degree but I was pointing it north :yuush:. Well done MOMO, if you are lost in the desert good luck :005:... Then after seeing the sky, in the other direction, shifting to a brighter colour I realized my mistake... And corrected my camera angle on time. And guess what ? I got the sunrise but not so high in the sky as we needed to move and receive the Rally briefing.

Early morning Karak still there, so we didn't hesitated. After a while Bu Salem and Hockey left us to check the MOTO track. When they finished the check, rally marshals were arriving one after each. We gathered for the briefing, and Rally day started.

Cheers