Almost4x4 Safari Style

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi Everyone

We had a very good drive lead by Yoghybear. All drivers did very for first timers to this style. It rained two days ago so the ground was a bit hard but the challenging part is to drive it smooth and without getting crested or pop out.

It seems that we are going to kiss Al Baddayer good bye soon because once it rains the whole area will invested with bikes and non offroaders....

Thanks Fida & Zorro for the support ... till next time.

Drive Safely

Oops : [MENTION=2551]ginger[/MENTION] the Austin Martin looks super cool specially with the Almost4x4 sticker :yarr:

[IMG] http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/attachment. ... 1411113302[/IMG]
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
elena

OMG! I strongly agree with Bu Salem! Aston Martin + Almost Sticker is incredible!!!!! What a ride!!! :thumbsup:
Tony007

It started out to be a great morning! Got the the meeting point, deflated and installed my go pros on the truck! Met up with the group where shortly after al shamsi gave the briefing which was straight and to the point of what were gonna do and how the track was going to be!

We we got all lined with yogibear doing the leading and alshamsi being the sweeper! We started to make our way towards pink rock, it was starting to become a very interesting drive when after about 20 mins something snapped on my truck in the area of my front right tire! My first thought it was no big deal so I decided to keep up with the convoy then it started to get worse and it took my concentration from the convoy and I started to not pay attention to spacing from the jeep in front of me!

Soon on after I contacted alshamsi on the radio and informed him of my problem and we stopped to check it out which was discover I had brok my upper control arm on the right wheel!

Needles to to say my drive was cut short amd had to return to the road to inflate and nurse my truck home!

i appreciate everyone's patients for the I had to stop the convoy, it's all part of the game and I will get it fixed and get back in the sand with everyone! I'm taking yogibears advice and going to lower my truck a couple inches or go back to stock height!

Thank you alshamsi for setting up the drive it was fun for time it lasted for me! Thank you yogibear for the great lead!
also thank you to zorro for leading me back to the road!

see everyone soon on the next 5- drive
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Tony007;38183]It started out to be a great morning! Got the the meeting point, deflated and installed my go pros on the truck! Met up with the group where shortly after al shamsi gave the briefing which was straight and to the point of what were gonna do and how the track was going to be!

We we got all lined with yogibear doing the leading and alshamsi being the sweeper! We started to make our way towards pink rock, it was starting to become a very interesting drive when after about 20 mins something snapped on my truck in the area of my front right tire! My first thought it was no big deal so I decided to keep up with the convoy then it started to get worse and it took my concentration from the convoy and I started to not pay attention to spacing from the jeep in front of me!

Soon on after I contacted alshamsi on the radio and informed him of my problem and we stopped to check it out which was discover I had brok my upper control arm on the right wheel!

Needles to to say my drive was cut short amd had to return to the road to inflate and nurse my truck home!

i appreciate everyone's patients for the I had to stop the convoy, it's all part of the game and I will get it fixed and get back in the sand with everyone! I'm taking yogibears advice and going to lower my truck a couple inches or go back to stock height!

Thank you alshamsi for setting up the drive it was fun for time it lasted for me! Thank you yogibear for the great lead!
also thank you to zorro for leading me back to the road!

see everyone soon on the next 5- drive[/quote]
Nice one, did you drive over the grass 'jump'? :yarr:
Tony007

Not that I know of. It was a sand where we were at ;-)
fida
Advance
Advance

My trip report.

[video=youtube_share;ea_Z1xcFBI8][/video]
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

First of all Im super sorry for submitting the trip report so late. Aparently rest is something my body didn't have the previous day in mumbai then continued for the camp and the drive. Once home i slept for about 19 hours straight. Apologies for that !
Now for the trip report
I arrived at the dubai international airport around 8:30pm i had asked my dad to get my jeep at the airport as i would be leaving directly from there so by sharp 9 pm i left for badayer. What delayed me was my search for wood which i couldn't find in ace nor in the nearby fuel pumps. Arrived right outside pink rock on the road. I had no clue were the almost camp was .So i jus decided to start deflating and look around in the desert . Before i finished deflating i saw bader heading out . Greeted him and asked him were the palmisters were camping . He pointed me in the direction . I had no issues finding the almost camp (however i did notice that i need more lights !!!! on my car). The camp was a nice group enjoyed talking to all of you.I loved the food served by .....(sorry i didn't get ur name) plus it was dark so couldn't see face. the next morning once we reached the meeting point (we reached late as the camp site was 23 km away from meeting point ) Sorry [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] for being late .deflated and set up my car for the desert and joined for briefing .
The drive
This drive was an amazing one it focused more on how to deal with crossing dunes and cresting . Due to it raining i was expecting a few pop outs on thise drive but no one faced a pop put at all.There were times on flats when i would jus disengage 4wd and rip it jus for the fun of it and even started taking shortcuts . Little did i know that [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] was observing and noticed all that i did. Was embarrassed when he pointed that out :brigade.baka-wolf.c. The drive did have a few stucks and one breakdown (sorry [MENTION=9105]Tony007[/MENTION] for your breakdown.)
The drive was a beneficial one for me as i had a fear of crossing dunes and overaccelrating resulting in a jump (which i got the hang of by the end of trip ) . All in all a trip well organized and got to learn a lot from this trip . Thanx to [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] [MENTION=1803]Zorro[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1820]fida[/MENTION] for organizing ,marshaling and supporting this trip.
Regards
Defragmantor
BAT
Intermediate
Intermediate

My report will start one night before the drive
It was nice and quite gathering around the camp fire (although it was hot) food was so good thanks Muhittin
We also enjoyed the company of a new member in ALMOST family Muhtar and his lovely family
Next morning ALMOST 4X4 Safari Style drive.. it was cool, for the first time I meet fida it was pleasure, we had one incident with Tony007's truck, I hope you'll fix it and get back to the sand soon
The viking rope was used one time only then the drive was completed with no major issues
Two important lessons in this drive:
1- If you use your brakes often in a bumpy and bouncy terrain it means you're driving at a wrong speed
2- When you become an intermediate at ALMOST 4X4 your level will be a Marshal in some other clubs
Thanks Bu Salem, Yoghybear and fida
See yo next time in the sand
Anvi

The alarm started ringing before my normal wakeup time on friday. Nope I did not snooze,:thumbsup: reached 5 minutes before the drive wrong estimated time calculation:angry:.
Started the drive with the fourth place in the convoy lead by Yogy Bear.
Tried to figure out, how do the cool guys select the dune to crest and move zik zak across the sand. Within no time understood that I need to have lot of time on sand.
Stopped analyzing and followed the convoy which was more exciting and knowledgeable.

See you Soon on Sand Tony.

Thank you Marshals and Rescue team for the Safari trip.
Tony007

Thank you everyone the repairs are going well! Will have my truck back in a few days! Then I will get my jeep in the shop for transmission repair so I can start using it :-)