Night Crawlers

ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

It was fun to be out on such a pleasant evening. It was a short drive from Al Badayer to Pink Rock, and despite being rather short it was fast and fun. I think we all did well sticking closely to Al Khatib's instructions of 'no more than 1m either side of my line'. The cool breeze and pleasant temperature made it a joy to be outside and on the top of a dune. The cooler season has finally arrived!
Many thanks to all the organisers.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi All

It is always great to meet the Almosters during weekend and this one was no different except it was more exciting with a short night drive. I was happy somehow that it was short because my car started to heat up like a jeep so at the top pink rock I had to open the hood and point my car to the opposite side of the wind direction to get faster cooling. Thanks Ginger for the mandarin, I wished that you drive with us the next morning to have more fruits in hot weather.
I totally agree that winter is coming early in the desert but city people don't know. Till next time , take care and drive safely.

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Dave
Advance
Advance

Over heating issues in a Nissan Patrol??? This must be a first! I am on Patrol number 3 now and one thing that has been consistent is the engine remaining cool, no mater how hot the summer heat. There must be some kind of underlining issue that needs attention. Unless maybe you were out driving Mini Me for this trip. I guess it has a mini radiator! :secret laugh:
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi [MENTION=8472]Dave[/MENTION]

Yeah it was mini me after doing the electrical fan .... it seems we need a bigger one for it. Also the patrol does heat but under certain circumstances . Like AC & always in First gear.

We can talk about it when we meet.

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Dave
Advance
Advance

Yes, exactly as you say. First gear, a/c on and summer heat does raise the temperature gauge a little above the normal position. But by that stage generally someone else in the convoy needs to pull over as their temperature gauge is moving into the "red" zone. Seems the Japanese cars cope better with the heat out here. That said, a lot of the other manufacturers are now doing their hot weather testing in this region.

Glad to hear the Patrol wasn't suffering the over heat. I am sure your friends at the Almost garage will help Mini Me with additional cooling. See you hopefully out on the dunes soon. Looking forward to my second winter season with the club.
fida
Advance
Advance

[quote=Dave;37834]Yes, exactly as you say. First gear, a/c on and summer heat does raise the temperature gauge a little above the normal position. But by that stage generally someone else in the convoy needs to pull over as their temperature gauge is moving into the "red" zone. Seems the Japanese cars cope better with the heat out here. That said, a lot of the other manufacturers are now doing their hot weather testing in this region.

Glad to hear the Patrol wasn't suffering the over heat. I am sure your friends at the Almost garage will help Mini Me with additional cooling. See you hopefully out on the dunes soon. Looking forward to my second winter season with the club.[/quote]

Guys no offense and as also I m the proud owner Nissan patrol. For desert , especially the way we drive, there in nothing better reliable than FJ. Again I say " no offence".