Clutch Fan vs Electrical Fan

Muhittin

MOMO;35265 wrote:Yes Muhittin, it would be an unforgettable experience. However it could be temporary situation just to bring to car to the tarmac... But once there, before performing car check, I think the driver should buy an icecream :D
I think this issue is happening on road, but off-road more.
we compare the car with another similar one, where the temp did not cross the middle line. if he was driving on or off road, high or low speed.
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

Muhittin;35266 wrote:I think this issue is happening on road, but off-road more.
we compare the car with another similar one, where the temp did not cross the middle line. if he was driving on or off road, high or low speed.
Let's think simple. A secondary electric fan, is performing well only if the car is at stop. Meaning if the problem of over heating is only happening when the car stops. Then yes electric fan is good solution. But if the car is on movement and the gauge is showing always higher temperature. Then forget the electric fan solution. Better to check the complete coolant system including radiator cap, fluid and temperature sensor. If problem not solved or solved partially then you can go for hood wholes and snorkel.
Muhittin

Kimoz, is your car GCC or imported, I think the water valve need to be replaced with lower temperature if it was US imported.
KIMOz
Crew
Crew

Muhittin;35268 wrote:Kimoz, is your car GCC or imported, I think the water valve need to be replaced with lower temperature if it was US imported.
Yup u are right Muhittin, but mine in GCC, so i guess no use for repacing the thermistor or the valve.
Muhittin

KIMOz;35271 wrote:Yup u are right Muhittin, but mine in GCC, so i guess no use for repacing the thermistor or the valve.
Dear Kimoz,,,

Problem solving have four points,
1. identify the problem.
2. find the solution
3. implement the solution
4. monitor the solution.

so, now you are in the first one, you need to identify the problem is exactly where, then we can find the proper solution that match this problem. and implement it.

regards.
KIMOz
Crew
Crew

MOMO;35267 wrote:Let's think simple. A secondary electric fan, is performing well only if the car is at stop. Meaning if the problem of over heating is only happening when the car stops. Then yes electric fan is good solution. But if the car is on movement and the gauge is showing always higher temperature. Then forget the electric fan solution. Better to check the complete coolant system including radiator cap, fluid and temperature sensor. If problem not solved or solved partially then you can go for hood wholes and snorkel.
It seems that it is normal thing in my car and similar ones if the temp gauge went to 3/4 in hot weather since i did a search on the net and went to the agency (Liberty) to check this issue and the answer is thats a normal thing in H3. But what worries me is that we are overloading the car while offroading in summer, so i wana do somthing to cool down the engine while offroading. So now there are two options infront of me, either to install additional electric fan or the water spray for cooling the radiator.
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

KIMOz;35273 wrote:It seems that it is normal thing in my car and similar ones if the temp gauge went to 3/4 in hot weather since i did a search on the net and went to the agency (Liberty) to check this issue and the answer is thats a normal thing in H3. But what worries me is that we are overloading the car while offroading in summer, so i wana do somthing to cool down the engine while offroading. So now there are two options infront of me, either to install additional electric fan or the water spray for cooling the radiator.
KIMOz, you are free to do whatever you like, and we can only give advises from our point of view. :) See whatever suit you the best and do it. Remember one important thing, whatever you do under the hood, do it by qualified professionals, otherwise the modifications could have more chance to brake your vehicle down, than the over heat it self.

Cheeers
Maddie

Muhittin, the fans are for h2 :smile:
KIMOz
Crew
Crew

MOMO;35274 wrote:KIMOz, you are free to do whatever you like, and we can only give advises from our point of view. :) See whatever suit you the best and do it. Remember one important thing, whatever you do under the hood, do it by qualified professionals, otherwise the modifications could have more chance to brake your vehicle down, than the over heat it self.

Cheeers
I totally appreciate your advise :). Btw Im worried also from the modifications as they might affect the electrical and computerised system of the car :S. I guess before thinking of any modifications I have to check the status of the thermostat. Regarding drilling holes in hood, i don't think that it will help as i already have holes at the sides of the hood in addition to the grill with big openings .....Hard decision bro :S

Cheers ;-)