Clutch Fan vs Electrical Fan

KIMOz
Crew
Crew

Guys... Im thinking to install an additional electric fan on my toy to maintane the engine temprature during offroading at the summer, so what about the technical specification?
Muhittin

If your car is having one mechanical engine fan, thus it is recommended to add electrical additional fan. But you need to have it done at professional electrical workshop.
KIMOz
Crew
Crew

What is the best size and power to be installed? And will it affect the electrical system in the car?
Muhittin

👍
boss
you can connect the fan with a manual switch inside on the dashboard.
or you can have it automated start when the AC is ON.
or to start when the engine start.
and remember that to install the fan in front of the radiator. Since the back of the radiator is having the cover of the mechanical fan.
KIMOz
Crew
Crew

I feel using a switch will be better, but will the fan affect the battery as it will cause extra load? In addition will it cause any disturbance on the electrical or computerised system of the car?
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

KIMOz, does your car overheat in summer ? If not, I suggest you to try first. And before touching electrical system, try the simpler solution: hood holes which increase air flow below the hood. Snorkel which brings cool air to the engine. Coolant fluid, some could bring the engine temperature down.
But as I said, try first. And if it overheats, you just turn off your ac, open windows and turn on heater with fan on max airflow. And stay at low RPM and forget the low range gear. And use as much as possible second gear. Use engine power to climb and use gravity and momentum to go down. DRINK A LOT OF WATER.

If the problem persist, marshals will be there to assist you.

Cheers
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

This subject was already discussed, check here - http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... ctric++fan
Muhittin

MOMO;35253 wrote:, you just turn off your ac, open windows and turn on heater with fan on max airflow. . DRINK A LOT OF WATER.

This looks like a mobile sauna ;-)
Maddie

Kimoz, you need an aux fan when ur engine temp. is above normal a lot and for extended periods of time.. on newer cars, thats not the case.
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

Muhittin;35259 wrote:This looks like a mobile sauna ;-)
Yes Muhittin, it would be an unforgettable experience. However it could be temporary situation just to bring to car to the tarmac... But once there, before performing car check, I think the driver should buy an icecream :D