Fun Drive Reload

Muhittin

This was one of the best trips ever :-)))))))

here are some photos in the following link:

http://youtu.be/-tKJqLZiigE

[video=youtube_share;-tKJqLZiigE][/video]

Special thank to Armin, and his Jeep, they were faster in rescuing the memeber just like the lighting.
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

[quote=Sridhar;34619]Loads of fun; fun it was indeed.

Once again, a big thanks to Bu Salem, Al Khatib, Abu Jimmy (special thanks for taking us along), Zico, Rashidjass, Hockey, Bombays, OffroadRon (apologies if I missed out anyone inadvertently) and all the fellow drivers for the long and the fully loaded fun drive.

Cheers,[/quote]

Apology accepted after hours and hours of thinking about it :ninja:
bombays
Intermediate
Intermediate

We all met at UAQ Adnoc. Started drive at 8.30. Were briefed by bu salem and abu jimmy. Importance on convoy discipline was explained. Long convoy of cars.Since the troute selected was of gulfnews fun drive 2014 it was more of tracks and less of dunes. Quite interesting track passing through farms and big dunes of umm al quain. found lots of body parts mostly bumpers of vehicles participated in gulfnews fun drive. experienced lunch break in middle of desert. started off to halt again at adnoc. -5 cars were asked to leave and it was sad to hear that abu jimmy was also leaving. Bu salem started from fossil rock took the drive at entirely different level. Drive now was quite fast paced and with lots of side cresting which added the fun.crossed al faya and khatib took over from fayaa. We reached 2nd december and took tea break. route selected by khatib to pink rock was amazing. we reached pink rock and saw lots of bikers at the top. thereafter we moved towards big red and this was the fastest speed i have ever been in a 5+ drive.We took a break at top of big red and saw many cars climbing the dunes.coming back bu salem rescued dodge ram which was centre crested. what a sight iw was Nissan rescuing Dodge Ram. This act was indeed a learning for all of us that no matter the size of your car or the other vehicle we need lots of skills. We then moved to badayer. Done Umm Al Quain to al badayer. Thanks to Bu salem , Khatib , Zico , Rashid Jass, Hockey , Off road ron , Armin Abu jimmy and all the members who made this trip exciting. Awaiting for next drive.
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

Awesome Drive. served its purpose.

one of the most important things in offloading is to have happy high spirit, which everyone did. :D

Thanks to Marshals to give me this opportunity to be part of rescue team.

some got stuck, some half stuck, some went back and forth to get out. in all case, always come out of the car before you try anything, observer what situation your in. you will save time and MONEY(car parts). this was Caprihorse advice to me long time ago.
Also, if you don't know what to do or not sure, wait for marshals, or rescue to guide you on radio, since they will have better visual.

I sow two times people brake on side crest, never brake or stop hanging side ways, once you cross and you feel you can not go on side, must go down. unless you like to risk role over.

I have to say, I had good time at the camp. wish more friends could have joined.
Had great talk with Sacha.
Awesome food shared by Oxana and her family.(sorry I can't remember names)
it was absolutely awesome meeting my friend Yougy.
Strawb, Mazaaj, you should have been there. its always fun when you guys are around.

One last thing. I must say, I was very very very impressed by some of the drivers attention to advice. I was surprised when at short brakes I tried to give my view when things happened, and reaction I got from friends was they were all ears instead of mouth. Finally I met a group eager to listen, other than think they know it all.
Muhittin

Thank you Armin :-) and to all who put their efforts to make this Friday a wonderful trip indeed.

Here are some videos,,,

[video=youtube_share;zVz9F_O8Mcc][/video]
vimal

Good Morning All,

Thanks Abu Jimmy & all Marshals for letting us (5-) to join the trip.

It was a nice learning experience to be there in such big convey. The problems are speed maintaining & short ditches, [ because of 1 ditch, i lost my front number plate & thanks Hockey for getting it] & Special thanks for the Arminjune for all guidance.

Thanks all for the wonderful long trip.
Almost 4x4 always rocks on…
Alok708

Well the trip was expected to be great and as I learn from the various posts on this thread, it really turned out to be great. Thanks to the Marshals, the rescue and support teams and to all the drivers. I had to unfortunately opt out rather early in the drive since one of my tyres started losing air pressure, even though there was no apparent shock, jump etc. My drive had been pretty smooth till then. I guess I need to replace the tyre (anyways it is little old).

Look forward to joining the fun back with all you friends soon, once I get my tyres etc sorted out.

Cheers!
Alok
Muhittin

[quote=Alok708;34644]Well the trip was expected to be great and as I learn from the various posts on this thread, it really turned out to be great. [/quote]

Thanks a lot ALOK, hope to see you in the sand shortly,,, :-)