The Last of the Year

strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Al Faqaa is known for its chain of soft dunes which get bigger as you drive deeper into the area .........

The level of the drive and the tracks chosen are always indicative of the cars and drivers in the convoy ........ the goal is to have as much sand time with minimal issues so everyone gets to have their fair share of sand adrenalin for the weekend ........

We had an excellent drive with the drivers doing well as we had the normal stucks expected of a newbie 5- drive .......

Just remember that the secret to offroading in sand is to .....

learn your car and its capabilities
learn your driving skills and your limitations
leave your EGO on the road or at home
Expect the unexpected
Safety is your primary concern
Driving in a convoy is an art form
Getting stuck is NOT a bad thing
HAVE FUN

keep the sand flying and see you guys on the sand this weekend

cheers
Mohammad
Advance
Advance

Newbies -3 ... Thank you Yoghybear, Strawb, Alkhatib, Bu Salem and Abu Jimmy. it was a nice easy drive with some technical dunes gives you the ability to know more about your car.. great efforts by the Marshals to take a long convey safely and enjoying the soft sand at the same time.

take care and see you in the desert soon.
Asemahmed

Another awesome trip by Yoghybear, and thank you Strawb, Alkhatib, Bu Salem and Abu Jimmy for your efforts and assistance....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1742[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1743[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1744[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oxana
Intermediate
Intermediate

my second drive with the 5+ group and it was AWESOME! There were loads of small sharp dunes, soft sand, a pretty high speed and the introduction "Today everyone is going to get stuck!" given by Bu Salem.

I drove Legend with Ladylienka and myself inside, so it was "ladies only" zone with a perfectly good teamwork between the three of us. We completed the task without any visual trouble, therefore I would like to tell you my experience from a bit different point of view.

Lesson 1. About the competition with Minime.
Myself: "If Minime can do it, Legend can do it too!"
Ladielienka: "Don't....he can go everywhere."

It was not about which car is better, it was a beautiful example on how to count your ego quickly :032: As we know from our schools, nothing kills ego so good as a discipline and a respect to others. So I figured out another funny way of how to minimize your ego during the trips. Here is a receipt: open the page Trip discipline & compliance rules !! and then tick the positions (especially from 7 till 22) you didn't obey over the past trips .... Strongly recommend you to do it and you will then see that none of us is an angel!

Lesson 2. After I didn't count well my speed and flew over passing the crest...
Myself: "I was afraid to get stuck so I accelerated more then I was required to"
Bu Salem: "It is nothing to be ashamed of getting stuck. Sometimes it's even better for you. Always think about your safety in the first place"

As a newbie I prefer to play with my life :killzonesmiley:to be proud in the end of the trip that I didn't get stuck anytime during the drive. Such a ridiculous idea!!! How could we possibly learn how to self recover without getting stuck? How could a newbie understand a capability of his/her car without getting stuck? It is a part of our "off-road driving school program" and if you have no experience on it, sorry...but it means that you have to learn it somehow somewhere else..

Lesson 3. Keep driving until you find a reliable ground to park your vehicle!
No comments!

Thanks Marshals for a such interesting experience!
Love you all! And see you next time!