The Gold CM

kerpas

[quote=Sebastian Goy;31587]Wasn't it called Marlboro Rock? Please correct me if I am wrong, or was it the Marlboro drop?[/quote]

Hi Sebastian, I guess it's because of my Trip Report. Few weeks ago we climb near Pink Rock an area that I had been told it was called Marlboro Drop but actually Marlboro Rock make more sense because the area its a rock mountain. Sorry, I cannot confirm the name, but maybe somebody else could give us a clarification.

[quote=caprihorse;31593]Can you post a pic or GPS coordinates, to better understand what you are talking about?[/quote]

Caprihorse, the GPS position is N25 01.421 E55 43.753, do you know the name?

Thank you very much in advance:thumbsup:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=kerpas;31599]Hi Sebastian, I guess it's because of my Trip Report. Few weeks ago we climb near Pink Rock an area that I had been told it was called Marlboro Drop but actually Marlboro Rock make more sense because the area its a rock mountain. Sorry, I cannot confirm the name, but maybe somebody else could give us a clarification.

Caprihorse, the GPS position is N25 01.421 E55 43.753, do you know the name?

Thank you very much in advance:thumbsup:[/quote]
OK guys, thanks for the coordinates, now I know what you are talking about. The Rock itself, where you could not climb, is called Pink Rock, as all the rocks and stones in that area are coloured in pink. We call it Pink Rock climb and this is the first time in my off-roading history to hear a different name. From where you got it?
In UAE deserts, there is only one reference to Marlboro and it is Marlboro Desert Challenge route in Liwa, which was driven in the past.
So I suggest you to stay with the common names, so we all can understand you and eventually rescue you, once you might be in trouble.
kerpas

Thank you very much Caprihorse, now it's clear.

I'm going to amend the previous post. :thumbsup: