saturday bear hunt

muaz

as Yoghybear promised we touch the sand at 0805 with no delay and left it at 1205 with about 40KM of exciting route that make us feel like we were driven at small crowded town with lots of up and down left and right with some exercise instructed by Bu Salem.

thanks to everyone made it successful

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

A very pleasant saturday offroad chillaxin drive .....

I was tasked to lead the convoy to ifftar bowl with abu salem and mini me as 2nd lead with yoghy and zorro on sweep and recovery duties ....

We mixed it up with small to medium technical dunes and a few high climbs and big arches .... all in all the drive was smooth with the normal recovery duties which is part of the game ....

Bu salem gave a side sloping exercise to the drivers as part of the learning curve in the current grade level .... a few did well and a few didnt do that well ....

From ifftar bowl back to badayer .... it was bu salems mini me on lead with zorro andyoghy as 2nd lead and i did sweep and recovery ....

Unfortunately we had to send one driver back to badayer before finishing the drive as he was struggling to keep up with the convoy .... almost4x4 will only think of your safety and others so please do take this positively ....

We hope the drivers enjoyed the saturday get away and we hope to see you next week

Keep the sandflying

Cheers
kerpas

First of all thanks to all marshalls for the nice experience on the trip.

The drive was very demanding and fast, driving on high dunes and challenge route. It’s clear why we should learn step by step on every drive as the level it’s constantly increasing.

For the first time since I started with Almosters I had few second rounds as I was fighting with the car on the climbs with soft sands:pissed off:. Maybe it sounds crazy, but I was driving all those months with part of the traction control and ABS engaged (shame on me:oh noes:). On the very soft sands the car brake the wheels and cut the engine power… so basically I was unable to climb the dunes unless I try with a second round with more speed on the approach. Even with this issue I was able to keep up the pace of the drive. :you're kidding, rig

During a time break near Ifftar Bowl, I discuss my problems with Bu Salem, initially he believed that maybe I was fighting Gravity or making shortcuts but actually it was not the case. When I was describing the car behaviour… he suddenly figured out what was the problem. Yes, it was the traction control, on the FJ the traction control switch has two modes, press and keep pressing for few seconds until it’s complete disconnected. I didn’t know that difference and I was fighting against the Traction Control.:TT TT:

Just after this issue, we went strait to Ifftar Bowl… what an amazing climb!!!:victorious:. My car just flies up to the top without any problem.

Bu Salem, thank you very much my friend, now I have a car that climbs like a rocket thanks to you.

The remaining of the drive was amazing, with the new car behaviour it was much easier to drive and the last part of the trip was like a piece of cake.

Special thanks To Strawb, Bu Salem and Yoghybear, for the amazing experience. I can’t wait for the next one. :thumbsup:
Omair Ahmed

Hi All,

WOW, what an amazing drive that was. Enjoyed every bit of it, i was going a bit crazy on the dunes, a couple of times i slipped and lost the track but managed to get back on it. A big thank to Yoghybear for organizing this amazing drive, Strawb for leading and forming a brilliant and exciting track, Bu salem for tips n tricks, being humorous as always and leading us back to the road giving a nice ending drop to the drive.
Looking forward to the next breath taking experience with Almost :grin:
Eric Hummer
Intermediate
Intermediate

What a nice drive:thumbsup:… this is the only drive that i have tested my car without ABS by removing the fuse….and it is awesome although it was a trial and error… First trial fail as i remove the wrong fuse the result was i have to floor the brake before it actually stop in which i have MUAZ :Psmiley:in front of me as my brake barrier if in case i loose it:048:…

Finally got it on the second try thanks to Strawb for helping me finding the right fuse…..

All in all it was great drive for me from start to finish though its sad that one of our members had to leave early… but thats for everyone safety for sure…. Cant wait for the next drive… See you all guysss next time:redbullsmiley:
Black_Shrek

Amazing drive!
Started smoothly, easy going, and after a break, the pace suddenly increased and I just loved the long fast side sloping
Looking forward for more Saturday morning drives, as for now looks like its easier to register for it :)
Below couple of pics from my phone, sorry for quality, just to give an idea how tuff was to take pictures during drive :)
See you all soon
EDIT: will try again to attach the pics properly :) there's always a first time
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hassanz

Dear All,

I wanted to start by apologizing to everyone about the delays caused by me on the Saturday's desert drive...2 pop outs and 3 embarrassing recoveries. I and everyone was amazed seeing a FJ struggling in the desert. Thank you Yogybear and Strawb for the helping me out for the pop outs and recoveries.

I wudn't blame anyone but myself, it wasn't the day, convey or the car for my bad performance...it was just me who was not able to give my 100%.

And I don't knw about other but I found the drive very challenging, I couldn't follow the tracks, I was scared to death in some climbs and again was not able to keep up. what I saw except me everyone else was driving smoothly.

Anyways I have learnt a few things from the drive.

I was overconfident about the drive so next time I will be prepared
I had some useless stuff in my car which I think was reason the behind my difficulties to climb some dunes (picture)
I had not the right tools for a pop out - so
immediately after the drive I went to dragon mart to buy my jack and air compressor (picture)
changed all my old tyre valves - which I think caused the pop outs
Kept extra tyre valve cores for any leaks (picture)

In the end of the day I have learnt a very valuable lesson, to never under estimate the power of Madam Gravity and the Desert.

Thank you folks for understanding and thank u marshals for the
patience. As a punishment somehow I didn't receive the notification for this weeks trip.

I look forward to join you folks later !
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1724[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1725[/ATTACH]