AOC Action

Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Another brilliant drive in Bu Salem style !!!:ninja:

All the intermediates were on time ... and after some chit chat we moved to join the club member briefing and then we hit the sands.

From the starting point close to the Sharjah - Maliha road we moved at a blistering pace to Fossil Rock through some extremely soft and technical patches . :like:After descending Fossil Rock , Bu Salem took us to one of his secret areas nestled close to the mountain where we played for a while. From there it was a fast paced drive to the Al Faya dune and then to the nearby road ,where we inflated and 'reluctantly' headed back home.
As usual everyone drove well ... with two breaks during a stuck recovery and my pop-out. (as per the chief's prediction:thumbsup:)

For me the intermediate level is all about fast paced driving , high speed side cresting and side sloping ... and now that the panic and stress that was prevalent during my newbie level drives has disappeared , the drives are becoming increasingly satisfying.

Thanks Bu Salem for another high adrenaline lead.
Thanks Bomolin , Bu Salem , Bu Hamdan for the assistance with the popout repair
Thanks to everyone else for the excellent company.
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

What a wonderful drive !!! Its needless to say that it was the best drive till now for me as every next drive in intermediate level is just mind blowing. As mentioned by Iqsaan, we started from the meeting point, till fossil rock it was technical dunes with soft sand and hats off to Bu Salem, for making such a lovely track out of it. As per Bu Salem, it was just the warm up and then the real drive started right from the fossil rock.

I was the second lead and guys it was amazing to see Megatron on fossil rock. All four tires spinning really fast and Megatron slanting all the way to the top, although i was behind him but i could clearly see all of his left side till the front left fender. Its really surprising to go that way without a pop-out.

We saw Bu Salem's secret place at fossil rock and played a bit there, then left for safari style drive to Al Faya. And not to forget, the last drop before Al Faya dune was so beautiful.

To Newbies: Its really worth to wait and practice till you get upgraded, so you enjoy drives like these with a big smile on the face.

Thanks Bu Salem, for taking one of my passengers with you, he did enjoy a lot, they all did and were really surprised, how every dune can be conquered in a safe way.

Thanks Bu Hamdan for the sweep and rescue - We missed you Abu Jimmy !

Thanks to all the drivers for the great company.

See you all soon in Sand !
bu-hamdan
Advance
Advance

Thank you both Iqsaan & sandskull for your reports and feedback.

Good Day Almosters,

One more day with Almost4x4 Off-Road Club to be added to the memory of HAPPY MOMENTS in your life.:love-struck:

Everything went more than WONDERFUL, including.. pop-out & stuck.(without mentioning who were the victims; because Almost4x4 Facebook page will share their pictures):wtfsmilie:

Few things here to be said about AOC Action..
  • Nice Skillful Leader.
  • Nice skilled Intermediate Team.
  • Nice Track
  • Nice soft sand.
  • Nice weather.
  • Nice accompany.

I do trust that there are lots of nice things more to be mentioned here, but my memory doesn’t help me at the moment to recall them out.:013:

Thanks Bu Salem for all your efforts were put to make such successful day, & of course special thanks to you FROM ME for allowing to sweep the convoy. It was really nice & different experience than driving in the convoy only.:thumbsup:

Thanks AOC Action Offroaders for making happy & safe end for this event..

Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

[INDENT][TABLE="width: 500, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD]Statistics Summary:

Distance: 34.4 km
Area: 44.8 sq km

Time:

Elapsed Time: 3:04:36
Moving Time: 1:22:50
Stopped Time: 1:41:46

Speed:

Avg: 11 km/h
Avg Moving: 25 km/h
Max: 64 km/h

Elevation:
Min: 106 m
Max: 321 m[/TD]
[TD][RIGHT][INDENT=2][ATTACH=CONFIG]1646[/ATTACH]
[/INDENT]
[/RIGHT]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[/INDENT]

Finally I got my car back to sand after I missed last week trip, nothing more to add after my friends Iqsan and Sundskull reports, it was great to go back to catch me if you can rout again, I enjoyed every second of the trip with amazing lead by Bu Salem, very nice drops and great rout selected carefully to enhance our skills.
thank you Bu Salem for everything (great lead, new areas, enjoyable company, great advises....) :thumbsup:
thank you Bu Hamdan for the sweep
thank you all for the great company
looking forward to see you soon in sand
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bomolin
Intermediate
Intermediate

Just come back home from the weekend and actually on the drive back I was thinking about such a wonderful trip on Friday..

After a quiet and wonderful weather night camping where we reached very late, just with energy to assemble the camp and sleep, we headed to the meeting point on the early morning. After Bu salem briefing and after attended the Club member trip briefing ( Great to see how almost family is getting bigger weekend by weekend ) we headed to our trip.

What a great and fast trip, as mentioned from previous reports, where I believe there is no member who did not enjoy, including Bu-salem best kept spot, which due to its beauty deserve to be kept for some..:yarr:

Lesson Learnt:

-¨If you cannot beat it, remove it¨ learnt when I got stuck due to a sharp rock behind the rear tire on a situation where the car in front of me was a bit hesitating, which required a second round. It was decided to removed the rock before blow the tire off.(Thanks specially to Bu-Hamdam and Bombays)
-¨Combo JK + Cooper STT¨= amazing side cresting, extremely good grid in 90º dune ascend, but dig, and it does a LOT. Just assume it and work on that.
-¨Learn as fast as you can¨ Learn how to use the shovel while digging while in newbie level, with buddy system applied in intermediate trips, someone is gonna need your help, soon or later.
-Keep Calm and Drive with Almost 4x4:have a nice day:
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello again, my record for the trip...enjoy it

[video=youtube;vBceYtaFFJc][/video]

[video=youtube;nZb1S8ASH5g][/video]
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Bu-Shahid;30147]Hello again, my record for the trip...enjoy it
[/quote]