Staun deflators

Fat Rabbit

Melfi;17771 wrote:...If you no longer want your chopsticks, I'll use them to hold my hair up... :015:
LOL :)

My way of deflation before joining Almost4x4 was sticking a key into the valve and holding it for 90 seconds on my watch. Brought the pressure down to approx 16-18 psi. Then I read about the fancy gauges on various posts and said to myself... I need ti get myself one of those.. ;)

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I'll go for the EZ Deflator.
Where the road ends, the enjoyment begins..
With Natalie, a 2-door beige Nissan Patrol Safari
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Aatif;17791 wrote:LOL :)

My way of deflation before joining Almost4x4 was sticking a key into the valve and holding it for 90 seconds on my watch. Brought the pressure down to approx 16-18 psi. Then I read about the fancy gauges on various posts and said to myself... I need ti get myself one of those.. ;)

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I'll go for the EZ Deflator.
Good decision, but that's not all, you need one more equipment, see attached image.

Fat Rabbit

caprihorse;17804 wrote:Good decision, but that's not all, you need one more equipment, see attached image.
Hahahaha.... thanks for the advice... will ensure I have a red stool that matches my vehicle :021:
Where the road ends, the enjoyment begins..
With Natalie, a 2-door beige Nissan Patrol Safari
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Abu Jimmy;17784 wrote:Old school style is always better , but , its harder as well . specially when i call you to help me searching for the lost pin that flew away ... :005:
haha ....... true true ..... thats whi i keep a lot of spare pins with me .... just in case :021:
Dastoori
Intermediate
Intermediate

I went to ramy today, the EZ deflator was not available in stock and they dont expect it soon, Do you know any other place to get it?
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

caprihorse;17751 wrote:Useless, you need to watch them and permanently run around the car, otherwise you'll get 4 flat tyres in one shot at deflation point. They were used about many years back, and abandoned immediately as EZ-Deflator came to the market.
Took your advice Chief and am now owner of E-Z Deflator, bought from Ramy 4x4. Got the Almost discount and paid 185dhs for it. Bargain!!
Paul
Advance
Advance

Hi guys

I found this:
http://www.coyoteents.com/default.html

On on the site, this message:
Where's Staun?
Staun Australia financially collapsed and closed Staun USA Inc. in 2009. The inventor and patent holder for the automatic tire deflators saw this coming and pulled away from Staun Australia in mid 2009, so Coyote Enterprises LLC is still importing the tire deflators.

Regards
Paul

PS: there is a new one, Staun2. I got a set. Will try it out and report back.
Paul
Advance
Advance

Hi guys

It took some time to "set" the deflate target pressure. There is about a 0,5psi band for the cutoff, and that initially confused me.
It set them all to 9 psi, as this is my normal off road pressure.
When the sand is soft and i expect a slow speed drive i do drop lower......

On the first outing, i got 9 psi on 3 tires and 9,5 psi on one. Close enough for me.
While removing one, i dropped it in the sand..... I wiped and blew off 90% of the sand.
On the second outing, i got 9 psi on 3 tires and one just didn't stop. I disconnected it manually at 6psi and re inflated to 9. :-(

This was a little disappointing, but it was probably the one i dropped in the sand.
To make things worse, i didn't keep the "problem child" separate..... so i will need to check all 4 again.

Will report back.

Regards
Paul
muaz

pwood;30044 wrote:Hi guys

It took some time to "set" the deflate target pressure. There is about a 0,5psi band for the cutoff, and that initially confused me.
It set them all to 9 psi, as this is my normal off road pressure.
When the sand is soft and i expect a slow speed drive i do drop lower......

On the first outing, i got 9 psi on 3 tires and 9,5 psi on one. Close enough for me.
While removing one, i dropped it in the sand..... I wiped and blew off 90% of the sand.
On the second outing, i got 9 psi on 3 tires and one just didn't stop. I disconnected it manually at 6psi and re inflated to 9. :-(

This was a little disappointing, but it was probably the one i dropped in the sand.
To make things worse, i didn't keep the "problem child" separate..... so i will need to check all 4 again.

Will report back.

Regards
Paul
when the needed pressure technically are near to the target of the spring the mentioned spring will act so slowly due to no enough pressure to push and allow the spring to blow it out(you need to listen quietly), on the other hand i still dont know if i reach the required pressure perfectly, i have taken Sylvester advice and return my set to Ramy(got my money back 180AED) and replace it with ARB E-Z deflator (220AED from ARB4x4 at international city), at least i can see what am doing.

it may work with you perfectly but i guess it need some patience at the beginning just to get to know how to deal with it.
Paul
Advance
Advance

Hi Mauz

I started with the E-Z Deflator. It is VERY good. My only complaint with it is the gauge goes from 0 to 50 psi.
For MY needs, I deflate to between 7 and 10 psi depending on the day. This on the E-Z Deflator is a very small needle movement.

I then tried a Viair gauge that goes from 0 to 15 psi. I did it the 'old school' way and removed the tire pin. It is much more accurate, just more work. If you fumble while re installing the pin, the pressure is wrong..... so a little primitive.

I then went to the Teraflex deflators. They are a pack of 4 and effectively just push the pin in..... same as a match stick or chopsticks.
They are slower than removing the pin, but less work. You can do all 4 at once, but need to pay attention not to let one go toooo low.
This with my super Viair gauge has been my preferred deflation method. It is especially good when checking the pressure during a drive, where you are just dropping a small amount.

The Staun automatic system just intrigued me, so i had to give them a try...... time will tell if they are any good.

An "idiot proof" deflation method has got to be a good thing.......

Regards
Paul