The Sand Thirst

Doctor

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1531[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1530[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1524[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1526[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1527[/ATTACH]

I dont want to say much, If one will look at the faces of people after the drive, you will see it all, people are simply high.....
there is adrenaline high, sugar high, weed high,,, but desert high is the worst coz it lasts for few days, and its highly addictive, and there is no known cure once you got it. the best thing about it is that its still legal (thx god).

Even the marshals they are thirsty to drive, and its obvious just by looking at there eyes
Big thank you to all who participated in yesterdays drive, was nice and informative, thank you Marshals for your time and effort

I'm still desert high ..........:want::blank::grin::045:

See you all soon in the Sand
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gilles

It was again really nice trip by Almost 4x4 team.

A few key learning points of yesterday:
1. Park with front pointing down
2. Go outside of the tracks of the previous car when convoy is stopping to find a good parking spot, if necessary
3. Take advantage of the dunes by going as high as possible to have more momentum and velocity to go to the next dune after (when turning inside dunes)
4. Gained more confidence in going up and down bigger dunes

For next time:
- Keep practicing points 1, 2, 3 above
- Keep enjoying the dunes :)

Also I had a great time with Ahmed as a passenger (who came from the Jeep Cherokee which broke down at the start of the trip).
Thanks all for organizing, and see you next time. :)
Mubz

It was one the great trips that I've been to with almost4x4 the reason I say so is because with new edition of the Jeep to my car collection I can really feel the difference,

I remember chief said it more than one time on my early newbie trips that you need to conquer dunes by power and speed and not with fear,

with my Pathfinder I was always scared of the dunes as they might hurt me and my baby Monster despite being careful it did hurt both of us but now with Jeep I feel like I am in control of both car and Dunes ( most of the times) I must say I am enjoying the drives like never before.

About this trip what can I say it was a roller coaster ride all the way starting from badayer shops to badayer shops

We had a number of stops but after every stop Lamboo ( as lead) make sure that we cover up the time that we lost by going on technical dunes with fast pace. we had a number or retries but hey that's part of learning and fun and this is what you sign up for once you register for the trip.

over all I would rate this trip 10/10

Special thanks to Lamboo for awesome Lead and Awesome Track
Special Thanks to Abu Jimmy for non stop support ( a great quality I must say)
Special Thanks to Yoghy for making sure everyone passed every dune
And last but not the least All thanks to Iqsan, bu Shahid, ginger, Dastoori, refad, mike, sami and all others who joined the trip

Hope to see you soon in Sand v.soon coz we are still hungry and thirsty for more sands to come.

( still roaming around in Basecamp Help section to find a trip report summary (chief style) will back soon)
Camille

Terrain with different and interesting cresting for newbies to train.
Convoy quite spread out at some stages -more than should be- but at least drivers had to think by themselves how to read the terrain and drive it. Might be a bit too early for fresh drivers - but stimulating indeed.
Crew: due to form, professional and reliable.
General impression: very well expressed by Doctor.
KayTo

What a nice trip this was, thank you to Abu Jimmy for organizing such a trip, Lamboo for the great lead, and Yoghy for the sweeping and support along the way. There were some quite technical parts which made things interesting and a nice view to stop at for a break. All in all a great way to start the weekend. See you next time!
Maddie

[quote=Camille;28100]Terrain with different and interesting cresting for newbies to train.
Convoy quite spread out at some stages -more than should be- but at least drivers had to think by themselves how to read the terrain and drive it. Might be a bit too early for fresh drivers - but stimulating indeed.
Crew: due to form, professional and reliable.
General impression: very well expressed by Doctor.[/quote]

Short, precise and very well exressed. Thank You Camille.

In my oinion , the convoy was stretched out because of the following:

1_ It was very well led by AlKhatib, but the first few drivers followed him very closely.
2_ whenever someone was stuck, instead of waiting the first few cars grouped together , hence the loss of direction for the rear drivers.
3_ multiple tracks crossing each other also made it difficult.

And it was a -5 drive, we all did very well :smile:

But overall, iit was a superb learning experience for me, because I made the above mistakes n more. ..
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

for me the excitement started on Thursday where I met with some almosters and headed and camp at the pink rock and the weather was great.
Morning we met with the group at Al Bdayer shops with some new faces and a lot of friends,,,three convoys at the same meeting point; A & I, newbies -5 and newbies +5.
I was in the last convoy led by Lamboo, sweeped by Yoghy and Abu Jimmy for rescue, as promised by Abu Jimmy; the trip was fast exciting rout with lots of cresting and technical duns...with this recipe the trip was great and enjoyable....that being said, I am still thirsty and it seems that I need to increase the dose little bit :killzonesmiley:.

Thank you Lamboo for the great lead, Yoghy for sweeping and Abu Jimmy for organizing such trip and making sure the convoy and even other off-roaders are safe.
Abu Jimmy viking rope was used only once but not for Almosters, it was used for one off-roader with FJ got crested with no support, and we had to change the rout to go closer and rescue him...:thumbsup:

finally here is my recording.....enjoy it:

[video=youtube;Pyagog-w1ug][/video]

[video=youtube;76Oeme9ZN0Y][/video]

[video=youtube;Ep9WX0KxSEM][/video]
Mubz

[quote=Bu-Shahid;28107]
finally here is my recording.....enjoy it:

[/quote]

:like: Thanks Bu Shahid
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thanks Bu Shahid ! Another excellent compilation:thumbsup:
Enjoyed the dramatic music
For such a large convoy , the drive was really smooth
refad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Once Again Thanks for Lamboo, Yogibear ,Abu Jimmy and All Marshalls for organising the Trips every week by understanding the thirst of Almost4x4 memebers.

The trip was nice and fuly enjoyed it. My 2 new passengers were tottaly impressed with the club and the way of club maintaining the convoy.

Starting of the trip was with a recovery of a FJ cruiser which was not a member in the convoy. I think it was a family who was stuck up there for a long time and struggling

The recovery had done by Abujimmy, Lamboo and Yogibear

As Always the same setentance - The trip was Awsome

Thank you Bushaid for video.