a7madoooz
[/TD]
[TD][IMG]http://www.drivingindubai.com/various/track41.jpg[/IMG][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Many thanks to the organisers for a most amazing trip; for me a number of ‘firsts’ with big drops , technical dunes, fast pace, huge climbs - I was thoroughly exhausted by the end!
We were lucky to have a very select group of 4 Newbies and 3 Marshals – in fact by the end (due to car problems) we were down to a Marshal each!
This trip has a ‘big reputation’ , so at the start I was somewhat apprehensive. At the beginning I struggled to climb Fossil Rock, only to discover that my tyre pressure wasn’t low enough in the very dry sand. Dropping off Fossil Rock (for the first time) was fantastic.
This level of driving highlights both my own driving skills, but also a few limitation of my car. I discovered on really big drops how little ‘engine-breaking’ I was getting. Also on a fast flat section I found my rear shocks didn’t cope well with 70 km / hour – the car leaping around like a ‘frog in a bag’!
In summary the trip certainly lived up to expectations- great fun.

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
a7madoooz

Unfortunately I couldn't make it and I waked up late :( I tried to catch the group but I discovered that they already have left.
I apologise to the marshals.

What is black point :`(
Zorro
Advance
Advance

Hello People,

I’ve been in many Catch me if you can…..probably in almost all of them, But this one was special, as it was the first one where I was actually driving……..and best of all only 7 cars in the convoy, of which 3 were Marshals.

The trip started at about 7.30, and we drove directly through Capriland. I always wondered why there has always been a mess and people could not follow Sylvester up to Fossil Rock, now I got the answer (as I learned personally): not looking at the car in front, underestimating the dune…..and probably many other reasons….

Anyway, after that we drove to Al Faya, where unfortunately a Jeep Thing happened, and one of the drivers had to leave, next was Pink Rock and last to Big Red.

With NO Stops, Pop Outs, and Stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a very long day, and I’ve got to say I enjoyed it

Thankyou
sami
Intermediate
Intermediate

Many thanks to everyone for a great drive. As was mentioned the drive started pretty smooth with no stucks or popouts it was only untill we reached the faya dune that our chief marshall noticed a metallic clanging sound coming from my car as i was descending the large dune. After some inspection it seemed the nut and bushing of my passenger shock absorber had come loose and was lost in the sand. Ofcourse that meant that the car was no longer fit to continue and luckiliy the road was close by when it happened. Thanks to the marshals for reseating the top of the shock rod into the mount (it was actually out when capri first found it).
Honestly the experience made me really appreciate the difference when driving with experienced marshalls that care such as is the case in this club. Had i been driving with friends or another club I am confident that nobody would have noticed the issue and i would have kept driving which would have been very risky and its very likely the damage would have worsened a lot until I would have noticed.

That issue aside it was a very enjoyable morning. Thanks again to everyone.
Ismail

This was the most enjoyable trip I had with Almost 4x4. Many thanks to all the marshals for organizing such a trip. Capriland is for sure a place I would like to visit again, it's a very challenging terrain. Another interesting spot was Dave's dune were u get to experience some G s depending on your speed going down and up the bowl. It's like aerobatics:like: wish I could have more of this too. I just can't get enough....