About suspensions

refad
Intermediate
Intermediate

caprihorse;27402 wrote:I saw it in action and I thought Refad must be using helmet. I think, as there are many options for Jeep to install shocks, this is an example for choosing the wrong ones...

My shocks was initially adjuested for hard surface later last week adjusted for soft . i think i need to take and adjust the shock again - may be as cheif mentioned - those are wrong Shocks.

Instead of koni i need to try different one - if it is not working properly on next adjustment or the coil spring need to change

I will be visiting this week also to Almost4x4 auto service center

Hmmmm.... full confussion :grin:
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

This effect is because of weak Shock Absorbers/Dampers or for sannaya Jambilat. This has noting to do with the springs, The yellow green or blue...whichever color doesn't matter, are usually after market upgraded stiffer springs which only increase the ride height of the vehicle. These actually would increase this effect if it is not assisted with stronger shock absorbers.

So, leave the springs alone and invest in good quality Shock Absorbers!!
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mubz;27424 wrote:very Well spotted Yogybear and thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, I am looking at it from a different angel as a newbie.

In one of the trip in my pathfinder (2009), I faced similar issue not this bad but I could feel my car jumping (like a rabbit maybe not like a kangaroo ) My SUV is 100% stock nothing modified or invested to make it an off-road SUV, I ignored it believing this was my driving style and I was doing something wrong,

Can you please comment if driver can play some role which can lead to this situation ? or is it purely due to suspension ?
Mubz, your Pathfinder is a crossover not SUV, it can perform only on a very simple terrain... If you would be driving this car every Friday in a desert, even Newbie drives, it would completely felt apart. Nissan professional sales people are advising not to use this car in a desert (dunes), where non-professionals are saying, yes, sir, you can drive it in a desert, thinking, good for our service section, we'll see that car weekly...
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

CAMEL;27431 wrote:This effect is because of weak Shock Absorbers/Dampers or for sannaya Jambilat. This has noting to do with the springs, The yellow green or blue...whichever color doesn't matter, are usually after market upgraded stiffer springs which only increase the ride height of the vehicle. These actually would increase this effect if it is not assisted with stronger shock absorbers.

So, leave the springs alone and invest in good quality Shock Absorbers!!
Correct, when the car is jumping, it's due to the shocks only. Every OEM producer has shocks tested for specific car model, it's not possible to use nitro shocks for Patrol on Wrangler...
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

refad;27429 wrote:My shocks was initially adjuested for hard surface later last week adjusted for soft . i think i need to take and adjust the shock again - may be as cheif mentioned - those are wrong Shocks.

Instead of koni i need to try different one - if it is not working properly on next adjustment or the coil spring need to change

I will be visiting this week also to Almost4x4 auto service center

Hmmmm.... full confussion :grin:
Keep original springs and google for shocks that fit to your model and see if you can get it on the market here.
makoo

I got new suspension kit from Ironman (4 shocks, 2 springs (rear) and torsion bars (front)), I still didn't try it in the desert. im going to try it this weekend hopefully, I got it cause it is made for my Isuzu trooper model. but after installation I think it was made for the Isuzu 5 door because it is very stiff on my 3 door model. (on the highway its amazing, handling and braking is great now very stable car)
but its very stiff and its bouncing front and back because of the short wheelbase. I think it will be very good in the desert but maybe I will break my shock absorber mounting because its too stiff
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

makoo;27449 wrote:I got new suspension kit from Ironman (4 shocks, 2 springs (rear) and torsion bars (front)), I still didn't try it in the desert. im going to try it this weekend hopefully, I got it cause it is made for my Isuzu trooper model. but after installation I think it was made for the Isuzu 5 door because it is very stiff on my 3 door model. (on the highway its amazing, handling and braking is great now very stable car)
but its very stiff and its bouncing front and back because of the short wheelbase. I think it will be very good in the desert but maybe I will break my shock absorber mounting because its too stiff
No, it won't break the mount...and what you describe sounds good if you upgraded the setup for the desert! !
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

makoo;27449 wrote:I got new suspension kit from Ironman (4 shocks, 2 springs (rear) and torsion bars (front)), I still didn't try it in the desert. im going to try it this weekend hopefully, I got it cause it is made for my Isuzu trooper model. but after installation I think it was made for the Isuzu 5 door because it is very stiff on my 3 door model. (on the highway its amazing, handling and braking is great now very stable car)
......if it's stable cannot be bouncing.....if it's bouncing cannot be stable......
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

You are just guessing and praying that what you bought, it might work, did you check before buying this?
http://www.ironman4x4.com/html/holden_izuzu/15.html
Mubz

caprihorse;27433 wrote:Mubz, your Pathfinder is a crossover not SUV, it can perform only on a very simple terrain... If you would be driving this car every Friday in a desert, even Newbie drives, it would completely felt apart. Nissan professional sales people are advising not to use this car in a desert (dunes), where non-professionals are saying, yes, sir, you can drive it in a desert, thinking, good for our service section, we'll see that car weekly...
Thanks Chief, a lesson learnt hard way about 3 months ago and dont htink this pathfinder will see another dune :) and if it does I will not be behind the wheel :)