Club Member
Club Member

Is this tow rope any good?

http://tnydu.biz/DPfdfC
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi Xalbador,

I would suggest you buy the Viking rope from the Almost4x4 Auto Service Centre. This rope has been tried and tested at the club without any problems.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Xalbador;27376 wrote:Is this tow rope any good?

Not at all , be careful of those cheap tools sold in the petrol stations .
What goes around , comes around .
cyanide

Good for towing a Bicycle if you have planned
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Xalbador;27376 wrote:Is this tow rope any good?

Abu Jimmy;27378 wrote:Not at all , be careful of those cheap tools sold in the petrol stations .

This is a road cable to tow a car but it is not even allowed in UAE , so it is USELESS ... you need a rated snatch rope ( I would recomend 11 tone and above ) or as Iqsaan mentioned a Viking Rope ... the choice is yours
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

I had it once, I bought it at Adnoc for 30 Dhs, in my Newbie days, it didn't survive first soft pull...
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

I had one too, which went straight to the store room after my first trip with Almost4x4:faill:
Detox

How about the rigging nylon ropes in Dragon mart? there are several high load ones that are quite long as well...
With a couple of shakles should be ok??

Just got an 8 metre 4 Ton one today... thoughts?
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

Detox;31840 wrote:How about the rigging nylon ropes in Dragon mart? there are several high load ones that are quite long as well...
With a couple of shakles should be ok??

Just got an 8 metre 4 Ton one today... thoughts?
4T???....and you have a Dodge RAM!!!!! ... man you don't have a bicycle!!!! sorry but I undertood that you did not bother you to read the previous posts, for example #5 where 11T and above is recomended.....

Guys you have to keep in mind that off road is not an easy game and can be dangerous, if you don't have the right tools it can be a nightmare.
You have also to fix in your mind that if we do recommend certain tools with certain characteristics is not for fun, is for your safety and for the safety of people around you.
Don't turn around me with your 4T "rope" pls
desert_jellyfish

Iqsaan;27377 wrote:Hi Xalbador,

I would suggest you buy the Viking rope from the Almost4x4 Auto Service Centre. This rope has been tried and tested at the club without any problems.
Hi Iqsaan,

Just went through this thread today and was interested to know Almost4x4 has its own center!

Could you please help me with directions to the location of the Almost4x4 Auto Service Center.

Thanks in advance,

*edit*

after a bit of research on the forum found the contact details to the shop and Omar, so will get in touch directly....thanks!