Pajero problem with ASC auto slip control

Fat Rabbit

I have a 2007 3000cc LWB Pajero. I turn off the ASC (ASC button below the steering wheel) and shift into manual gear (triptronic gear I think its called). With deflated tires, so far it hasnt given me much of a problem on the dunes in Sharjah.

However, as someone rightly mentioned on here, the stock bumpers is a bit of a worry especially when getting stuck.
Where the road ends, the enjoyment begins..
With Natalie, a 2-door beige Nissan Patrol Safari
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Aatif;17461 wrote:I have a 2007 3000cc LWB Pajero. I turn off the ASC (ASC button below the steering wheel) and shift into manual gear (triptronic gear I think its called). With deflated tires, so far it hasnt given me much of a problem on the dunes in Sharjah.

However, as someone rightly mentioned on here, the stock bumpers is a bit of a worry especially when getting stuck.
As the one of Pajero owners from many, you will start grabbing with bumpers everything in front of you and everything behind you, when driving, not talking when getting stuck. You would need to get really good skid plates at front and rear, not to leave your bumpers as decoration in a desert.

Regarding ASC, it is not enough to press the button at Pajero, but it must be completely disconnected the junction at front left tyre at the wheel, as Pajero electronics is changing the mind and switching on ASC, when you don't need it.
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mohammed_shariefs;18632 wrote:Dear All,

while driving near the beach recently i found tht whn i am countiniously moving even though the ASC is working my car dsnt get stuck but whn my car was in standstill and i started moving my tires sunk in the sand now this is where i face the problem......

you have too much air in your tires
Asifmahamood
Club Member
Club Member

I am driving a 2013 Model Pajero 3.8 SWB. I also faced the same problems during my initial drives and now I've mastered how to play in desert with a Pajero! I am still in newbie level and don't find much problem driving it except for climbing some huge dunes. One of our marshal was using a pajero and he also advised the same thing; that you can use a pajero till you are in intermediate level.

My experience:
Pajero will move easily in desert in 4H mode. But, this mode is not suitable for crossing the crests. There is good change you will get stuck since you are only in 4H and your centre differential is not locked. You can change between 4H and 4HH as and when required depending on the terrain and sand conditions[ATTACH=CONFIG]1465[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1466[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1467[/ATTACH]. (Learn the car manual properly on shifting gears)

4HL and REAR DIFFERENTIAL LOCK to be used when you are stuck and for self recovery.
TRACTION CONTROL to be switched off. It will come ON automatically after engine restart. (Dont forget to switch it off, once you switch on the engine again)

I have done few modifications on my Pajero; trimmed my front bumpers and mud flaps; fixed an aluminium plate neatly covering the whole rear bumpers from inside. The real bumpers of the new model pajeros is a real sand scooper and will come our after few drives if not fixed properly.

Whatever offroad vehicle you drive, 75% is to come out from your driving skills!

I just thought of sharing this info since I was also searching everywhere for informations on driving a pajero on desert. Might be helpful for someone! :-)

It is not a bad offroading vehicle. I even self recovered from stucks many times, which some other vehicles could not!

I know few people who are showing magic with Pajeros. They even have driven the pajero's in the huge dunes of Liwa!
SINGH
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello Asif

that's really nice work done under your pajero's rear bumpers.....may i knw the place from where you get that thing done, as i would also like to fix it under my pajero as well.
Asifmahamood
Club Member
Club Member

msbimbra;27214 wrote:Hello Asif

that's really nice work done under your pajero's rear bumpers.....may i knw the place from where you get that thing done, as i would also like to fix it under my pajero as well.
I have done this from Five Star Garage in Rashidiya, Dubai. You can contact Jithu on 050-4295333. Tell him my name. Excellent garage and i've been dealing with them for almost 8 years.

If you need any more assistance, do call me on my mobile: 050-8583867
SINGH
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks Asif, i'll go to that garage for it and thanks again for offering your further assistance.