Grand Iftaar 2013

Nana

A blue & red rug is ginger's

ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

I can't think of a better way to have spent Friday evening.
For me it was a lesson in how a shared interest has helped bring a better understanding of different cultures, beliefs and of course food!

Incidentally Bu Salem, the large red and blue rug/groundsheet is mine.
Mubz

sorry guys for being late in report, I have my first family in town so its kind of hard to give time to both the families at the same time its more like having family and in-laws(almost4x4) and those who are married will understand better :)

Well for me it was full on pressure to join the trip due to recovery of my car + me still in recovery phase but how can you miss Iftar with Almost4x4 so pushed one step further and made it to the meeting point ontime and oh boy what an evening it was.

Defalted and heard the horn beeping lets go go go ...... with an awesomely easy track to Iftar bowl didnt know this road existed but thanks to marshals and their knowledge of the area impressive.

now the Food part this is what I tried (I know bon-appitit )

1. set up was amazing I call it Almost4x4 Buffet in the dessert
2. The amount of food ( bu Salim) was right this is what heaven will look like food everywhere
3. Starters were amazing
4. Biryani was yum yum
5. Geni's spanish starter ( sorry I dont know the name but taste still exist in my mouth)
6. vimto was exactly as promised ( unlimited supply)
7. Watermelons were the best sellers of the night the perfect recipie
8. Sarookh should get the sticker of ( best sales person of Almost4x4) kept us entertained Thank you sarookh
9. Special thanks to Nancy for the amazing cakes
10. everything else was great.

sorry guys If I've eaten and not mentioned here but trust me it was an event I will always remember and will tell tale to my kids and grand kids :)

Thank you Marshals and Founders for organizing this event and Special thanks to Everyone who joined you guys made it special.
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

All these are almosters......Please feel free to share your thoughts about the trip!!!

[IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/339 ... C_9280.jpg[/IMG]
brandonjh4

It was truly an incredible experience for me and my family. This being my first drive with this club and my first club since moving to the UAE, it is something to cherish. Being with another club earlier back home for close to 7 years, I was mostly into organizing long endurance drives etc and have been a passenger at OTR events. Despite having an AWD Mazda, I am now hooked on to this club and would love to be a part of almost every newbie trip going forward, until i can get myself a proper sand toy and move up to the more serious trips too. Thanks to Bu Salem for all the support, Capri for pulling me out initially and to the other wonderful person who guided me when getting back (Sorry i dont know his name).