The Desert Code

Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

The desert code ...
Respect the desert and the desert will respect you !

Another early morning drive ... deflation, flags up and after a short briefing we were lead out by Al Khatib , Abu Jimmy in the middle of the convoy for support and Bu Salem in sweep.

Up , up and away ....
This trip was my first Big dune bashing with the club and Al Khatib made sure we did not miss any big dunes all the way to Iftaar bowl.
Overdosed on adrenalin , the contentment was apparent on every offroaders face.
At Iftaar Bowl we watched in envy as the marshals and intermediates showed off their skills .

The entire convoy had driven really well and with still an hour to spare before 10am , Al Khatib decided to take the scenic route back to Badayer instead of the usual tracks .

Thanks Al Khatib for a thrilling lead ... the safari style drive was incredible!!!
Thanks Abu Jimmy & Bu Salem for the support.
Thanks to my fellow offroaders for the good company.
Bomolin
Intermediate
Intermediate

Very early trip starting at 4:00 from the always quiet Abu Dhabi, Trip started with Bu salem question...What is the dessert code? None of us replied back and he let it go until the end of the trip which was very nice and challenge trip and we saw how most of us are improving level and skills...it was the same route as some of us enjoyed during that trip where only 5+ Newbies were allowed and Chief Capri gave bamboo to all newbies who insisted in joining that level and were he showed us the meaning and reason of "Trip only for 5+".
This time all the group went very fluent along the first big dunes. From my understanding, many side cresting which was very good to develop different kind of driving skills, but just before trip end, and thinking one could be able to improve without ever been pulled out...Madam MDG show up and she makes wrangler wheels completely disappear in the the sand..hopefully, Alkhatib and Omar where there to pull little wrangler out and safely driven home.

Lesson learnt and The Dessert Code is..."Always drive with Almost 4x4"
ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE I really enjoyed myself and thanks to all. The 'Safari style' of driving, despite being quick, gave me enough time to think ahead and plan my position, speed, gear etc. The type of dunes also helped me keep sight of the vehicle in front, which I sometimes find challenging where dunes are sharper and closer together (such as the area around Camel Rock) .

Incidentally, I tried this morning to find someone to add a switch to disable the airbags on my Xterra. Ramy proposed an expensive solution which would have also disable ABS and Traction Control; AAA motors didn't want to do the job; however Nissan Service Centre brought out an engineer who showed me the fuse (inside the glove compartment) which I can remove and replace easily. Problem solved I think!
/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
Zorro
Advance
Advance

Hello Almosters,

What a week-end, in everyway!!
This was my second trip with Almost…..as a driver, and really enjoyed it!
We reached badayer just after 6, and after marshal briefed us we lined up with Khatib leading, hockey second, fida third and me fourth, then I don t know…...:021:
We drove through some high dunes followed by some small more technical ones and back to high ones…..very nice lead Khatib :like:…….up to Iftar Bowl.
There I let my copilot climb it, and as we were the first to climb, it was pretty easy and fast to the top:008:….Then from Iftar we drove back to Badayer. The drive went smoothly with no major issues and stops.
I would like to Thank yoghybear for letting me drive Tornado, and being my Marshal copilot for the trip, and also would like to thank other Marshals for organizing such a trip.

See u soon
Raf
mike
Intermediate
Intermediate

Great trip guys,

Thanks to all of you for the encouragement, the Safari style route and assistance with tyre pressure early on from Bu Salem.
I must admit I was a little apprehensive about going over that drop off at the top of the big dune, but when I realised Bella had fallen asleep and wasn't talking in my ear, I managed to relax a bit !

Here's my GPS plot, not quite as proffesional as Caprihorse, and sorry you didn't get to make the drive with us.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1426[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

This was one of the best newbie drives till now for me.
over all, every one did great.

we had few challenges, but managed to get over them. and learn from them.

my opinion is to all the intermediates and advance and anyone who is above newbie. (this goes specially to ME):
when we join club or newbie drives, we have to understand, this drive is not for us, its for them, so yes, some will struggle and some do better than others. our responsibilities are to help and support others to be in higher level.

This was a fast drive, we did soo good that we had extra 20 min when we got back, and Marshals decided to take advantage of that and take us in for a spin in higher dunes...

This was not simple drive, it was challenging and fun.

Thank you all....
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

What a drive..!!!!...:like:

It was my best drive ever....after few weeks without drive with Almost4x4 finally I saw the new trip announced i was little worry because of the heat but the weather was nice with this early morning drive (without the AC on).
I was at AL Badayer @ 6 am and the drive started few minutes after 6:30 with Al Khatib great lead, Bu salem sweep and Abu Jimmy rescue many thanks guys...you are the best.
I enjoyed every single moment of the drive with this amazing track in which we did not leave any dune around without being crested, the drive went fine without any major issues
Please more and more of this drives...........keep it up Almost4x4.....it deserves to drive all the way from AD to Badayer....:like:
below my trip record

[IMG][TABLE="width: 194"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"][IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-lpL2cpHfXIw/UdBvycWUu5E/AAAAAAAAAA0/J8Ep-SWt4x8/s160-c/20130628.jpg[/IMG][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/IMG]

[IMG][TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-cWHFD9Hr6qM/UdBqsfz_CnI/AAAAAAAAAAg/g65pAuOFdMk/s144/track1%2520copy.jpg[/IMG][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/IMG]
Mubz

Seems like ive missed yet another great drive :sick:

Just like MDG you cannit fight nature i had surgery and was in hospital and my baby monster is still with arabian auto mobiles waiting for air bags to be delivered from somewhere i dont know

i might miss a couple more trips as i need two months to recover from surgery but i am glad you guys having great time ......keep up the good work guys and remember me in your prayers
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

Hope you get well soon. Keep it safe :)
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi All,

First of all sorry for late report. As all mentioned, this one was a fast drive with a lot adrenaline rush. Every driver enjoyed it to the fullest as it was seen on our faces when ever we had a chance to stop for a while. For me, it was the first fast drive with 'Iron Man'...yes...i have named my new XJ 'Iron Man'. Had some difficulty in couple of places but managed to escape MDG's trap. Did couple of mistakes like maintaining proper distance and overtaking, which was caught by the Marshals :p. Thank you marshals for your patience and efforts in providing us safe enjoyment.

Thanks Khatib for the amazing lead.....enjoyed the Safari Style
Thanks Abu Jimmy and Fida for the support in the middle of the convoy and keeping it constantly moving
Thanks Bu Salem, for the continuous guidance. Love that fun as well info flowing from you always.

See you all soon again in Sand !