Wrangler windows deliberately damaged

Fat Rabbit

A very sad event... Roxanne, my soft-top Wrangler was vandalised. She has been scarred for life. She will never be the same again :@

Sometime yesterday or today, someone slit the soft top window on the driver's side with a very sharp object.

I will be reporting it to the police tomorrow (I went in the evening but they said it needs to be done in the morning). In the meantime, some questions come to mind..

1) Will the insurance cover it? I have 3rd party fire & theft cover. Wud this come under theft? I havent noticed anything missing from the car though

2) Now what? Can it be replaced, how and where? Places like Icon Autos replace both sides, not just one. Are there any other options? I know super glue will look ridiculous and the car may not pass registration next year.

Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanx.
Where the road ends, the enjoyment begins..
With Natalie, a 2-door beige Nissan Patrol Safari
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi,

Really sorry about what happened.

You can check out this place in Ajman, N 25 24. 126 E 55 26.734 Here are many shops which fix interiors, seat upholstery, soft-tops of cars and boats. I am sure you will find a inexpensive fix here.

All the best!
Fat Rabbit

CAMEL;26259 wrote:Hi,

Really sorry about what happened.

You can check out this place in Ajman, N 25 24. 126 E 55 26.734 Here are many shops which fix interiors, seat upholstery, soft-tops of cars and boats. I am sure you will find a inexpensive fix here.

All the best!
Thanks Camel. I will check it out. Meanwhile, I spoke to the insurance company and they told me that the damage to the vehicle is covered. Got the police report this morning. So fingers crossed. I will anyway check out the shops in Ajman as well to see what they do and how much it would cost before giving Roxanne to the insurance company.
Where the road ends, the enjoyment begins..
With Natalie, a 2-door beige Nissan Patrol Safari
Mubz

Sorry to hear about the damage, in my personal opinion please check with shops first if you can fix it yourself for less then do it yourself as getting it fixed by insurance will cost you your excess (200-350) and it will increase your insurance premuim next year due to insurance claim.

rest you can decide what suits you best