Best Rim and Tyre for Jk 4 Doors

Trident

Abu Jimmy;24409 wrote:The 15" rims will fit only the Unlimited Sport . if your car is Sahara Edition you have to stick to the 17" rims , as the smaller rims will not fit due to the electronic descent system .
Very interesting to know this technical matter.... now is 17" with 265x70 tire... so by changing to 15" would require some programming???
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Trident;24426 wrote:Very interesting to know this technical matter.... now is 17" with 265x70 tire... so by changing to 15" would require some programming???
Its not a matter of programming , due to bigger brake calipers the 15" rims will not fit " physically " .
What goes around , comes around .
Trident

Abu Jimmy;24475 wrote:Its not a matter of programming , due to bigger brake calipers the 15" rims will not fit " physically " .
I went to BMW Road to check prices of 33 x 12.50 BFG A/T, the same I found, 15" rim will not fit.

Is there any difference with JK Model 2013 and 2008 brake calipers. I just noted during Desert Cleaning that Mr. Al Khatib JK is using 15" rim OFFROAD BRAND with 33 x12.5 BFG A/T tyres. Hence I got this idea from his Jeep.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Trident;24495 wrote:I went to BMW Road to check prices of 33 x 12.50 BFG A/T, the same I found, 15" rim will not fit.

Is there any difference with JK Model 2013 and 2008 brake calipers. I just noted during Desert Cleaning that Mr. Al Khatib JK is using 15" rim OFFROAD BRAND with 33 x12.5 BFG A/T tyres. Hence I got this idea from his Jeep.
15" rims will fit wrangler sport edition because they are not equipped with electronic descend system . Khatib car is sport edition not sahara edition .
What goes around , comes around .
Paul
Advance
Advance

Hi Guys

Even on the JK Sport, only some 15" rims fit.
The ones that fit usually have a small back spacing (usually 3,75")
This backspacing is the distance from the mounting face of the rim and the inside edge of the rim.

The clearance between the rim and the brake calliper is about 10mm on my rims.
Then add the stick on lead weights for balancing, and it is only about 5mm.

Regards
Paul
Bomolin
Intermediate
Intermediate

Does anybody have even think about US orders of rims?I have seen in ME offer is quite reduced to copy wheels for 15x8 in 5 5x5 bolt for Jk 12 wrangler(lets say only "nice"black options are gt wheels with the wordings on the sides,offroad option with chrome border or gt wheel without wording on the sides but only in 10 inches,not available in black except if you painting as most of the people is doing with adv vs dissadvantage)

I have been checking 4wd and they do have for example Mickey thomsomp classic II and procomp both of them in black in 15x8 and 5 on 5x5 bolt patern..excluding delivery 5 rims are Aed 2200..i believe delivery could be around...Aed 1000? taking into consideration no many people will have that configuration in ME and the saving in tyres from 15" to 17"...i will consider pretty good option,but maybe somebody else has better understanding about the same..
tractorboy
Club Member
Club Member

I went to BMW Road to check prices of 33 x 12.50 BFG A/T, the same I found, 15" rim will not fit.
What prices were you getting on the BFG A/T?
Even on the JK Sport, only some 15" rims fit
Are you running 15inch wheels with 33inch tires? If so do you loose much power? I have a 6 speed manual and im looking at going with 33inch tires but Ill be running stock gear ratios to begin with.
BettyPo
Advance
Advance

Did you upgrade your car yet?