Dream come true !!!!

Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

MaddieTJ;25456 wrote:
The XJ differential is simply not up to the task
What i have heard is that the differential problem was very common in models before '97, but from '97 to '01 there are no complains as such, unless along with hardcore off-roading, proper maintenance is not done.
Maddie

strawb;25457 wrote:Well not really. There are on and off seasons. Knock on wood but my xj has been sharjah free the past 3 months or so. They are tough as nails when set up properly
That's absolutely right !!! It has to be set up properly, and I am sure the XJs of our club are so ...I was stating the facts that owners of 'improperly set up XJs' face
Maddie

My dear Strawb and SandskullPlease don't go into defensive mode. I have been into modifying 'all go' street jeeps for longer than I care to remember.The heating issues are easily fixed. It has the toughest Head known to Rigs. Subaru Fans and a sprinkler system which feeds from the windshield reservoir anybody?The differential is absoultely fine but it was made for 29/7.5 inch tires not 35/12s.And keeping up, that's different. The MiniME keeps up and leads with its tiny engine!!!Sandskull, the pre 97 xjs had shaft problems, snapping . We usually solved that back then by using Ford Mustang Parts / rear ends which locked both rear axles together.No standard Rig can beat a standard XJ onroad !! Its called a CHEROKEE for its spirit. It is a Bull terrier !!
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

MaddieTJ;25463 wrote:My dear Strawb and SandskullPlease don't go into defensive mode. I have been into modifying 'all go' street jeeps for longer than I care to remember.The heating issues are easily fixed. It has the toughest Head known to Rigs. Subaru Fans and a sprinkler system which feeds from the windshield reservoir anybody?The differential is absoultely fine but it was made for 29/7.5 inch tires not 35/12s.And keeping up, that's different. The MiniME keeps up and leads with its tiny engine!!!Sandskull, the pre 97 xjs had shaft problems, snapping . We usually solved that back then by using Ford Mustang Parts / rear ends which locked both rear axles together.No standard Rig can beat a standard XJ onroad !! Its called a CHEROKEE for its spirit. It is a Bull terrier !!
Nothing defensive:038:...and i don't claim to know a lot about it that's why i mentioned "What i have heard is" in the beginning of my post. Anyways, Thanks for the Info !
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

MaddieTJ;25463 wrote:My dear Strawb and SandskullPlease don't go into defensive mode. I have been into modifying 'all go' street jeeps for longer than I care to remember.The heating issues are easily fixed. It has the toughest Head known to Rigs. Subaru Fans and a sprinkler system which feeds from the windshield reservoir anybody?The differential is absoultely fine but it was made for 29/7.5 inch tires not 35/12s.And keeping up, that's different. The MiniME keeps up and leads with its tiny engine!!!Sandskull, the pre 97 xjs had shaft problems, snapping . We usually solved that back then by using Ford Mustang Parts / rear ends which locked both rear axles together.No standard Rig can beat a standard XJ onroad !! Its called a CHEROKEE for its spirit. It is a Bull terrier !!

Defensive would be another topic .... I would have preferred you referring to this as a discussion
Maddie

strawb;25465 wrote:Defensive would be another topic .... I would have preferred you referring to this as a discussion
Strawb, I don't know a thing about offroading. You were a good teacher during my second drive. I respect and admire every single member here, Please do not mind my words, my English isnt very good