MaddieTJ;24219 wrote:[ATTACH=CONFIG]1297[/ATTACH]

The Towhook
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1298[/ATTACH]

The front towpoint
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1299[/ATTACH]

Rear towpoint

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1300[/ATTACH]

A comparison
Front hook is OK, but I'm not sure about the quality of your rear point. If you can test it. Hook your car to some very strong fix point somewhere, like a mast, which is properly anchored and pull with your car, with full power and examine it afterwords.
Last week as I was pulling some GMC, its front point did fly away. I was just lucky that nothing happened.
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

Dear Maddie,
Original hooks in TJ, both front and rear are too small that any standard shekel does not fits in and it will get bent after using couple of time.
I did installation of Hooks in my TJ, two in front and one in rear from a reputed garage.
Maddie

Dakujem Chief Marshal
Thanks Yasir

I'm glad chief you are OK.

Chief, can I affix a hook to the rear as well or should i get one fabricated? My cousin in into steel fabrication and I can get one made cheap with say with 7 mm steel.

Yasir, the rear towpoint doesn't seem very strong.

Any advise is highly appreciated
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

Dear Maddie,
Find below pic of hook that I installed in my TJ, two in front and same hook in rear. I pay 250/- including the installation for all.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1302[/ATTACH]
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

MaddieTJ;24263 wrote:Dakujem Chief Marshal
Thanks Yasir

I'm glad chief you are OK.

Chief, can I affix a hook to the rear as well or should i get one fabricated? My cousin in into steel fabrication and I can get one made cheap with say with 7 mm steel.

Yasir, the rear towpoint doesn't seem very strong.

Any advise is highly appreciated
You can try whatever you want, but it must go through your personal test, as I mentioned earlier. Additionally, by UAE law, your are not allowed to do any welding on the body, you can use only existing points.

On the other hand all such modifications must alert you it is for your safety and safety of your buddy.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

yasir;24266 wrote:Dear Maddie,
Find below pic of hook that I installed in my TJ, two in front and same hook in rear. I pay 250/- including the installation for all.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1302[/ATTACH]
Yasir, can you pls post a pic of this hook fitted in the rear on your car?
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

caprihorse;24278 wrote:Yasir, can you pls post a pic of this hook fitted in the rear on your car?
Hi Capri,
Please find below the pic, I still haven't tried them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1312[/ATTACH]
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

yasir;24288 wrote:Hi Capri,
Please find below the pic, I still haven't tried them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1312[/ATTACH]
Thank you Yasir, however I'm afraid that rope or shackle will slip out. Is there a space to turn it so, that the hook is pointing up?
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

caprihorse;24326 wrote:Thank you Yasir, however I'm afraid that rope or shackle will slip out. Is there a space to turn it so, that the hook is pointing up?
There is no space to turn up due to rear bumber, only possible if the hook is 3" inch longer. Shackle can not be used, directly connect viking rope to the hook.
Best solution for rear hook in TJ is Toe Hitch, will install in near future.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1313[/ATTACH]
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

yasir;24338 wrote:There is no space to turn up due to rear bumber, only possible if the hook is 3" inch longer. Shackle can not be used, directly connect viking rope to the hook.
Best solution for rear hook in TJ is Toe Hitch, will install in near future.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1313[/ATTACH]
Definitely I advice you to use this solution, as it is fixed with many bolts (pay attention to the bolt spec), comparing with two bolts, who knows from which material...