Montana 600 Series Brief Tutorial Session Before Drive

Trident

Since there are lot of new members who are acquiring Montana (600 / 650). A brief tutorial before the drive could help a lot to get familiar. Also, allow everyone (new users) to practice/use the GPS during drive by giving the ROUTE / TRIP WAY POINTS. Will this be possible dear Marshals. :003:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Trident;23870 wrote:Since there are lot of new members who are acquiring Montana (600 / 650). A brief tutorial before the drive could help a lot to get familiar. Also, allow everyone (new users) to practice/use the GPS during drive by giving the ROUTE / TRIP WAY POINTS. Will this be possible dear Marshals. :003:
I'm very glad that you are addicted to GPS. Did you find the book, User manual already and did you go through it? We never know where we will finish and our routes are always ad hoc, depending what a quality is behind us, that's why no fix routes are available.
Trident

Finally read the manual once and keep reading, ALMOST ready for actual application, hopefully on coming drive. Thanks Capri for mentoring. Cheers!
Paul
Advance
Advance

Hi Trident

On the Garmin web site there are some great videos.

Regards
Paul
Trident

pwood;23958 wrote:Hi Trident

On the Garmin web site there are some great videos.

Regards
Paul
Thanks Paul, I will find out, appreciated:021:.
FSL

[video=youtube;QZkH3qhWeLM][/video]

There are many more videos on youtube. just search for "garmin montana 600 tutorial"
It's better to learn at home as you'll have plenty of time and then practice while you're on a trip and it won't take long before you'll be an expert at it. :045:

here's another one;

[video=youtube;PA378n-yK30][/video]
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hehe, after looking at these videos, I doubt that we'll see the users, when coming into the desert to return back to their origin. Only one hope is there... to see with the eyes, where is the road
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

the best way to learn on how to use the montana is by practical application.

Identify the needs that you want to get out of the montana and set it up to how you want it.

It may take awhile but it is the best way to learn the ins and outs of the device. Just like a new android phone.

I remember capri and khatib playing with their montanas up in pink rock during camping when they got their units.

enjoy the montana