The Silence Of The Bear

Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

We all met in Nazwa in the evening and had a smooth short night drive to the camp site , made our big circle of chairs around the bone fire enjoying the Delicious food offered by Khatib , Mazaaj , Bu Hamdan and Se7es77 ( Hussain ) , followed by the Omani sweet offered by Zico ( Abu Tariq ) , thank you all for such a generous treatment ( it was tasteful ) .

The overall atmosphere was full of fun and joy and the laughter's were heard from very far away in the silence of the night , the time flew by and next thing i know it was morning already ( thanks to Sponge-pop ) for helping me with my other profession ( camp night guard ) .

The morning drive was great , as the weather was cool and the drivers were in the right mood , with Youghy leading and Bu Salem to the rescue every thing went well with a couple of stucks and no pop outs , we met the " pink scorpion " convoy near the pink rock and it was obvious that the ladies were having real fun and enjoying the beauty of the desert . we reached our destination on time, inflate the tyres , greeted each other hoping to meet again next week .

Thanks to all participants for great company and a well spent weekend .

Special thanks to Youghy and Bu Salim for their efforts and support .
What goes around , comes around .
Mubz

I was waiting for this trip report to come so I can share my views.

First of all it was one of the best things I've ever done and looking forward to continuously doing this.

Thee food & the mood was great, desserts in the dessert made the night, Me and my passengers spent night talking to the experts around and getting idea of what it is like to be in the sand.

Night went amazingly well and then the morning came that everyone was waiting for.

It was again a very well organized and very well selected track for everyone.

I have to admit I learnt alot in this trip like convoy discipline and what not to do , again I have to admit I got stuck twice and was generously pulled by the Marshals, and I have to admit I did a wrong thing by going too fast on a dune and had a nice flight and landed as it was expected ( Stuck) and lesson well learnt not to go too fast :)

but over all it was great experience so looking forward to another Thursday.

Special Thanks to

Khatib , Mazaaj , Bu Hamdan and Se7es77 ( Hussain ) , Zico ( Abu Tariq ), Caprihorse, Abu Jimmy, Al Shamsi, yoghybear and everyone who participated and made this memorable for me.

Almost4x4 Rocks!!!!
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

Unfortunatelly due to business commitment I was not able to join the night camp, sorry for that guys, will try to do my best next time :021:
I think it was a good and smooth drive, everyone did a good job and moreover I think that the "exercice" we did passing through the bowl close to Pink Rock in both direction has been very useful and informative for everyone, I am sure you all have learned a lot
Special thanks to Abu Jimmy who took care on my behalf of all administrative job regarding the organization of the trip, highly appreciated my friend and for his important job as sweeper.
Thanks to all drivers who attended the trip and of course thanks to Bu Salem for his role as a guardian angel.
See you soon on the sand, take care
Yoghy :038:
Melfi
Golden Member
Golden Member

I joined the camp only, but I must say that I was impressed at how many we were! Did anyone count? :045:

Thank you Mazaaj, Se7es77, Bu Hamdan, Al Khatib and Zico for dinner and sweets! And Mazaaj - I hope you remembered to tell your cook how yummy her deserts were... :like:
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

[quote=miles2smiles;23701]I was waiting for this trip report to come so I can share my views.

Almost4x4 Rocks!!!![/quote]

miles2smiles , you don't need to wait to do your trip report , whenever you feel you want to do the report check the forum and if no one beat you to it , just open a new thread in the trip report langue with the trip name as a title .
What goes around , comes around .
Humanfaith

Thank you Marshals for the great drive and i look forward to join the next one.

i totally agree with Youghy it was fun and informative (big time)
Melfi
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Spongebob2003;23825]Gèni and others at the Workshop.[/quote]
First time that someone writes my name fully right. Thanks for paying attention! You have just earned 3 brownie points... :045:

[quote=Spongebob2003;23825]The only thing that happend that I was bitten and now I am Sand adictted :)[/quote]
Ah... yes... And now you will suffer if you are not fast enough to sign up to the drives... :011: