XJ Tires touching fenders

FSL

maze;23638 wrote:it's usually happening while my steering is turned left or right and not from the top mostly from the side... i didnt know there was a almost4x4 garage? where are there contacts and details?and thanx FSL
if its during turning then it's usually becoz of using wider tires then stock size. but as i said I'm no expert :P

You can consult almost4x4 garage;

Almost Auto Maintenance
Omar Al Kallas - Manager
+971 -6- 5441881
+971 -50- 9148155
+971 -50- 5881333
Coordinates: N25*18.780' E 55*26.670'
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

are you running the GT wheel rims size 16" x 8" or 16" x 10" ?
What goes around , comes around .
maze
Club Member
Club Member

thnx sandskull...
maze
Club Member
Club Member

16x8 Abu Jimmy...
maze
Club Member
Club Member

on the road at full turn etc doesn't touch its when the steering wheel is turned and i go up or down a dune u feel it scrap the fender....
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

The R.C is a very well priced lift kit in the market , I believe its better value for less money . although the front springs are a bit soft to handle the engine weight .

I am afraid there is no free solution for this problem , and your options are very limited to ,

1- Trade the rims and tyres you have for 15" x 8" rims and 245/70/15 tyres . ( it will cost around 2 k )

2- Change the R.C. springs for Iron-man springs as they are harder and better quality . ( sold separately for 500 Dh , per set " 2 springs " )
What goes around , comes around .
maze
Club Member
Club Member

thanks for the advice jimmy, what size are ur rims? i will look into getting the iron-man springs that maybe the best solution.. my friends has the iron-man lift kit on his liberty and it drives great! would i need to crease the lift on my car too? and does the fender flare not give me enough clearance?
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

maze;23658 wrote:thanks for the advice jimmy, what size are ur rims? i will look into getting the iron-man springs that maybe the best solution.. my friends has the iron-man lift kit on his liberty and it drives great! would i need to crease the lift on my car too? and does the fender flare not give me enough clearance?
OK. maze, relax now... I think I know now what you are talking about and you got excellent advice from Abu Jimmy, as he is a very polite man, comparing with me, as I'm realistic...

You installed piece of equipment which is absolutely not suitable to your car, and you you are comparing it with Liberty, which is double absolutely not suitable for desert. So what do you want?? Do you want to say us, you did a great job? Return back to your stock equipment, drive with us and you'll see later, what suites best to you... and don't forget to read this from the beginning - http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... #post23655
FSL

@Maze...
I guess you got enough input for your question.
The decision is upto you to go for the option you like.

But I guess it's better if you join us on any club member trip so that the Marshalls can suggest you more feasible solutions.