Canadian in Dubai...

plowboy
Club Member
Club Member

I'm fairly new to Dubai and am looking to get out in the desert. My sand experience has been limited to several excursions on beaches on the west USA coast (tow up paragliding), a terrible dune buggy trip here in Dubai, and a guided, self drive Jeep trip. The Jeep trip, even though it was only a couple hours was very enjoyable.

My other off road experience has been on almost every other terrain, muskeg (swamp), ice, snow, forestry trails, and mountainous terrain. The closest comparison I have to dune bashing is actually snowmobiling in the mountains. I was quite surprised how similar the feel of the snow is to the sand, and how most of the theories of driving in it are the same.

I am also an advanced certified diver, with over 50 dives, and I also have my gear in Dubai, but have yet to get out in the water.

My Wrangler is bone stock at the moment, but am fairly well equipped. Tow straps, hand recovery winch, shovel, radio, and air compressor. I still need to pick up a bottle jack and a flag.

Just waiting for a trip, and looking forward to meeting some of you!
Plowboy

(Carl)
Last edited by Phoenix on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: editing previous data for optimising search box results
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

welcome to almost4x4

we hope see you driving in the desert dunes really soon

cheers
FSL

Hi Carl,
Welcome to almost4x4.

Keep an eye on the forums as the weekend trips are usually announced on Monday/Tuesday. Since it will be your first time with us so you might want to join a Club Member trip, which is sort of an introductory trip to club people, sand driving and do's and don't for driving in sand.

Happy off-roading :045:
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Carl, welcome to our club. Our marshals will be organizing a trip for Club Members as soon, as there will be enough new members to join such a trip. In between, pls kindly read all blogs summarized in this thread -http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthre...Most-Important

See you in sand soon:047:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

plowboy;23309 wrote:I'm fairly new to Dubai and am looking to get out in the desert. My sand experience has been limited to several excursions on beaches on the west USA coast (tow up paragliding), a terrible dune buggy trip here in Dubai, and a guided, self drive Jeep trip. The Jeep trip, even though it was only a couple hours was very enjoyable.

My other off road experience has been on almost every other terrain, muskeg (swamp), ice, snow, forestry trails, and mountainous terrain. The closest comparison I have to dune bashing is actually snowmobiling in the mountains. I was quite surprised how similar the feel of the snow is to the sand, and how most of the theories of driving in it are the same.

I am also an advanced certified diver, with over 50 dives, and I also have my gear in Dubai, but have yet to get out in the water.

My Wrangler is bone stock at the moment, but am fairly well equipped. Tow straps, hand recovery winch, shovel, radio, and air compressor. I still need to pick up a bottle jack and a flag.

Plowboy

(Carl)
Hello Plowboy. This you name from now forever and welcome to the Club. You're right, snow and sand are very similar when driving, only the difference is that you don't need to blow hot air on your fingers and feet as it is automatically supplied. At the moment your vehicle is good, and your equipment we'll check at the next trip and give you additional advices. Join us.
Mubz

Welcome to the Family
plowboy;23309 wrote:I'm fairly new to Dubai and am looking to get out in the desert.

(Carl)
There is drive posted for this weekend http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... f-The-Bear you can register there and open your account with Almost 4x4 group.

See you in the Dessert soon :-)
Humanfaith

welcome in to the Club

Seriously do read the Marshals tips as all shall be implement in practice. also google some tips and watch videos to be familiar with the same.
Hamdan
Golden Member
Golden Member

welcome see u in desert
Maddie

Welocme to Dubai Plowboy

I can assure you that your first drive with our Club will be wonderful.
And its click click click into your second family

Hope to meet soon on your first date wth Madame Desert Ghost a.k.a. MDG