GNFD - Reloaded " The Closed Section "

OffroadRon
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thank you Almosters for this learnsome and challenging trip. Very much appreciate you took the guys from the Waiting list as well on your trip!! :like:
Unfortunately I didn't leave the desert without damage........me missed a nice, big ditch and now I need to get my skidplate fixed....bummer! :054:

@Naser, great video!
Melfi
Golden Member
Golden Member

Such a cool trip 'cause I managed to sell lots of tickets! :015:

Hehe, seriously, there is no praise I can give, that has not been given by the others before me. We should have more of these... please... :027::022:
As usual, thanks to all Marshals. And I suggest that we do it again soon so that Abu Jimmy can have a 3rd time lucky! :048:
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

Is the entire route doable without any special permissions as its said to go thru a conservation area?
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Wasif Ahmed;22985]Is the entire route doable without any special permissions as its said to go thru a conservation area?[/quote]

No need for any permissions...
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Drove to the meeting point with Abu Jimmy and Yoghy ....... they tasked me to do the lead which was a great disappointment as i managed not to come across any petrol station the full 120+ kms from sharjah kalba road to the middle of nowhere (sorry marshal .... google earth was not my friend this time) ..... good thing was we did get there on time and we had fuel in our jerry cans which we all shared ....... thanks a heap paul!

Abu Salem was serious when he said that he will leave at 230pm sharp and he did ........ with a few guys still deflating the convoy was up and running ...... we did cover a lot of ground as you can see from the logistical reports from capri and naser .... a very good mixture of 140kph rally type driving with close to 15% visibility ...... the rally type drives we had in this trip stressed me out as you needed full on focus to just have a feel of what was beyond the sand and dust .... but i did still push my XJ to whatever horsepower it can pump out ......

technical dunes and soft sands came about with a few stucks and one pop out ....... white sand which blinded your vision of small ditches which were nearly invisible at a distance ....... you have to take your hats off to our lead marshal bu salem as this was not an easy task to set out a good and challenging track in these conditions ......

all the drivers did very well with a 2WD challenge in the rear of the convoy for the advanced drivers ..... thank you marshals for organizing yet another hardcore drive for the books .....

until the next drive

see you guys in the sand!!!