BirdsEye Satellite Imagery

Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry I read after writing :))))-
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Finally got the birds eye view option on my montana with the help of capri!

Fairly easy to install but it does require a lot of attention to detail and a lot of patience

im still in the learning process mode on how to fully make use of this feature but its definitely worth it

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Mosalf

[quote=Wasif Ahmed;12656]Only works once you subscribe to BirdsEye.......its Pay and Play .....NOT Plug and Play[/quote]

lol Wasif, good to stick to the old nuvi wot say you :)
Mosalf

Capri, downloading all the files now, will be contacting you soon on the installation. Massive effort buddy, Kudos to you and the team involved. Certainly should make like easier leading (if the day ever arrives)
Mosalf

Hi Capri,

A quick question, my CT Middle East Navigator software can also be accomodated on the same SD card or do we need to swap cards once deflated and ready to roll. Please advise.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Desert Fox;21991]Hi Capri,

A quick question, my CT Middle East Navigator software can also be accomodated on the same SD card or do we need to swap cards once deflated and ready to roll. Please advise.[/quote]

Regarding SD Card - it does accommodate Garmin maps, BirdsEye maps and images from the camera, once it is inserted in Garmin, no need to change it.
Mosalf

Hi Capri, i am getting the "BirdsEye invalid file" on my device. I will start all over again. A quick question, JNX format is locked by BirdsEye subscription for individual device. Can you kindly confirm that. Has any one else been able to use the JNX files on this forum? If this is the case, then possibly we need to download individual files (tedious exercise). I do have birdeyeview subscription and was able to download individual maps earlier. I am able to see that your JNX files have transferred to my device. however, I am not able to get them on the Montana. Frustrating (you must have felt it as well) but challenging so will get to the bottom (hopefully) without using any patches.

Once again, a big thank you for the effort.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Desert Fox;22010]Hi Capri, i am getting the "BirdsEye invalid file" on my device. I will start all over again. A quick question, JNX format is locked by BirdsEye subscription for individual device. Can you kindly confirm that. Has any one else been able to use the JNX files on this forum? If this is the case, then possibly we need to download individual files (tedious exercise). I do have birdeyeview subscription and was able to download individual maps earlier. I am able to see that your JNX files have transferred to my device. however, I am not able to get them on the Montana. Frustrating (you must have felt it as well) but challenging so will get to the bottom (hopefully) without using any patches.

Once again, a big thank you for the effort.[/quote]

If you want to use BirdsEye with Montana, you must have subscription. The whole exercise to use here posted files, is to transfer them to BaseCamp and then again back to Montana from BseCamp (after deleting all JNX files from SD card). Probably with new BIOS in Montana the original process might be slightly changed. If you can provide me one of your JNX files, which you downloaded directly, I could elaborate process and post update.
Mosalf

Hi Capri, I am sorry, I solved it on Thursday and used the Garmin on Friday is Sweihan. THanks very much. Once again, this is a brilliant effort. One thing though, its a little bit hazy on my garmin Montana.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Desert Fox;22032]Hi Capri, I am sorry, I solved it on Thursday and used the Garmin on Friday is Sweihan. THanks very much. Once again, this is a brilliant effort. One thing though, its a little bit hazy on my garmin Montana.[/quote]

Great, can you pls share with others what you solved and how? And what you mean by hazy?