Garmin Montana 600 Series Tips & Tricks

zarir
Intermediate
Intermediate

Nbaker;20956 wrote:Thanks for the heads up Zarir. I just called AMIT now, it costs 2,200 AED but it's out of stock. Sharaf sells it for 2,440. If you get the discount voucher then it's 2340. What would make me prefer to buy it from Sharaf is that I can pay the amount in a 0% installment plan for 6 months since they have a promotion with Emirates NBD and I think with some other banks as well.
Just spoke to Shiju at AMIT and he is expecting 650 stock this evening. He will give it to you for AED 2,200 including the car mount which itself cost AED 250 at Sharaf. Decision between the cheaper option and installment plan is your call.
Nbaker
Intermediate
Intermediate

zarir;20957 wrote:Just spoke to Shiju at AMIT and he is expecting 650 stock this evening. He will give it to you for AED 2,200 including the car mount which itself cost AED 250 at Sharaf. Decision between the cheaper option and installment plan is your call.
AMIT it is! :018:
Thanks you SIR!
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ive had my montana 600 for quite some time now

got it from AMIT for 1800aed .... then they have all the mounting accesory options displayed on their wall for you to choose

get the coordinates from AMIT and it will lead you directly to the nice parking spot at the back\

FYI - the only difference between a montana 600 and a 650 is that the 600 is not equipped with a camera
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

I got mine Montana 650, incl. auto mount for 1,950.00 from Amit in June 2012. Probably you need to show Almost4x4 passport, or to tell 'trader' at AMIT that you know, that he is giving to different persons, different prices. Ask him, if he wants to see other invoice... When you are phoning them, they'll give you always higher prices.
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

caprihorse;20969 wrote:I got mine Montana 650, incl. auto mount for 1,950.00 from Amit in June 2012. Probably you need to show Almost4x4 passport, or to tell 'trader' at AMIT that you know, that he is giving to different persons, different prices. Ask him, if he wants to see other invoice... When you are phoning them, they'll give you always higher prices.

you got this for a real good price capri ..... i remember getting mine around march 2012 ...... very good price for your 650
Abdul Qadir
Club Member
Club Member

I would like to keep AAA batteries in glove compartment.
Trident

caprihorse;20969 wrote:I got mine Montana 650, incl. auto mount for 1,950.00 from Amit in June 2012. Probably you need to show Almost4x4 passport, or to tell 'trader' at AMIT that you know, that he is giving to different persons, different prices. Ask him, if he wants to see other invoice... When you are phoning them, they'll give you always higher prices.
I got my 650 for AED2200 including mouting on the windshiled last night (12.3.13). If I could have read this thread.... I could have this idea for bargaining, simply park my car in front of AMIT to show I am Almost4x4 member, perhaps AED1950 is granted... too late now.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[h=4]Changes made from version 4.70 to 4.80:[/h]
  • Improved EXIF compass heading data in camera photos (650 and 650t models).
  • Fixed issue with changing profiles when the altimeter dashboard is active on the main menu.
  • Fixed issue with certain characters on the Czech or Polish keyboards in landscape orientation.
  • Fixed issue with shortcuts that enable or disable maps remaining highlighted after being selected.
  • Fixed issue with displaying tracks on the map after performing an area calculation.
  • Fixed issue with saving a track's 'show on map' status across a power cycle.
  • Fixed potential issue with renaming tracks or routes.
  • Fixed potential issue with viewing geocache descriptions in night mode.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[h=4]Changes made from version 4.80 to 4.90:[/h]
  • Fixed issue with a data field in nuvi mode while navigating with the device in landscape orientation.
  • Fixed issue with overlapping text when reviewing certain geocaches.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[h=2]Change History[/h] [h=4]Changes made from version 5.00 to 5.10:[/h]
  • Added support for additional ActiveRouting cartography
  • Improved support for Garmin LakeVu HD cartography
  • Fixed issue with incorrect letter capitalization of certain map points
  • Fixed issue where wirelessly transmitting a geocache to another device would result in an error message when trying to view the received geocache in BaseCamp
[h=4]Changes made from version 4.90 to 5.00:[/h]
  • Added support for additional ActiveRouting cartography
  • Fixed uppercase Czech keyboard in landscape orientation
  • Fixed 'Low Battery' message when using AA batteries and disconnecting from external power
  • Fixed issue with waypoint deletion when results are filtered
  • Fixed issue with using shortcuts to change routing activities
  • Fixed issue with using shortcuts to change map statuses
  • Fixed issue with certain shortcuts remaining highlighted after being selected
  • Fixed issue with repeatedly changing the vehicle in map setup
  • Fixed possible issue with 'Track Distance' data field not being reset