Check out the video;

[video=youtube;b1_sFEOGTMc][/video]

for mobile users: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1_sFEOGTMc

I did it my self and to my surprise, it worked:011:

Enjoy rubbing and cleaning :015:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm cleaning mine with paste for silver cleaning, but this looks much faster... :008:
admin

i make it many time b4

BUT Remember when you clean the headlight by polish or by Sandpaper you also remove the Insulation layer & your light will back 2 same bad look after a few weeks
so after cleaning the light you need to fix a good clear shield & enjoy
Adventures League of Mountains, Oceans & Sand Thrills
bobpavan
Intermediate
Intermediate

caprihorse;19043 wrote:I'm cleaning mine with paste for silver cleaning, but this looks much faster... :008:
I use paste aswell for cleaning up Gold and Silver ornaments...works really well.!

gona try on my headlights now :onthego:.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Actually what I read somewhere before is that, cover for headlights is made from plastic (in 60,70 it was made from a real glass) and the manufacturers are using two types of plastic. From recycled plastic materials, which goes matte after few months, even on a new car (this is the case for Pathfinder) and from fresh crude oil, which lasts crystal clear for years (this the case for X-Trail, I never polished the headlights).
Why the manufacturer is using recycled material? For sure not to protect the planet, but to save the cost as the difference in price between new and recycled plastic is about 1:10.
And also this is the main reason, why certain brands are falling apart, when they are coming into the desert and loosing some parts, even before touching the sand.