Is there a Garmin Nuivi Device that does that.

jdemay
Club Member
Club Member

Hi All,

I know that the issue of GPS devices has been discussed very recently, and I looked at ever single post but was not able to find out the information I was looking for.

I'm looking for a current Garmin Device (I like the brand), for my Car (FJ). I'm looking for the regular road features, as well as off-road use.

I'm very specifically looking for the ability to load into the device saved off-road tracks, for instance from other off-roaders. And I also want to be able to capture tracks, and exports the tracks out of the device so I can share them with my friends.

I'm sure the Garmin Montana 650 would enable me to do this, but I want to understand if any of the currently shipping Nuivi devices would enable me to do this.

Thanks in advance.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

jdemay;16789 wrote:Hi All,

I know that the issue of GPS devices has been discussed very recently, and I looked at ever single post but was not able to find out the information I was looking for.

I'm looking for a current Garmin Device (I like the brand), for my Car (FJ). I'm looking for the regular road features, as well as off-road use.

I'm very specifically looking for the ability to load into the device saved off-road tracks, for instance from other off-roaders. And I also want to be able to capture tracks, and exports the tracks out of the device so I can share them with my friends.

I'm sure the Garmin Montana 650 would enable me to do this, but I want to understand if any of the currently shipping Nuivi devices would enable me to do this.

Thanks in advance.
I'm sure you did read this - http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... to=newpost

Generally speaking, any Nuvi device is just good for on-road, with fancy displaying roads around, but completely useless in a desert...
jdemay
Club Member
Club Member

So follow up question: If I buy a Montana 600 on amazon.com will it come with maps for the GCC ? If not, where can I buy such a device in the Dubai area ? thanks in advance.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

jdemay;16825 wrote:So follow up question: If I buy a Montana 600 on amazon.com will it come with maps for the GCC ? If not, where can I buy such a device in the Dubai area ? thanks in advance.
You can buy any Garmin anywhere, but what about warranty? On the other hand all devices are coming without maps, you must buy them separately. We are buying Garmin at local dealer in Dubai, Amit.
Mosalf

Any body selling a Garmin 276C or a Montana...most interested in purchasing any of these garmin devices.