Supercharged XJ

Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

caprihorse;18129 wrote:Any real turbo device placed next to engine requires also reinforced pistons, seals, crankshaft and cylinder head. With that amount of supercharged hot air, you may blow your engine easily, not talking about over heating, as without proper robust intercooler the poor engine (form certain brand) may explode on a spot. As tailor says, measure twice and cut once.

That piece of metal, nicely packed in a plastic, is probably again for decoration only, to impress audience, but with probably very low effect.
Totally agree with Capri & Admin , and being an old school type of driver , I never believed in boosted engines as well ( have owned a few small and medium engines with turbos and super chargers ). they consume the engines life , turbos have a late reaction , and superchargers power is not even noticeable on small engines , I prefer adding a forged , full stroker ( 4.6 L or 4.9 L ) natural aspirated high out put engine to the XJ , and will have power to challenge huge dunes with out sacrificing the practicality of hard core off roading .

Never the less , i like that beauty Strawb , and would really like to see it challenging other odified cars over the ( super bowl )
What goes around , comes around .
maze
Club Member
Club Member

love it, i drive a supercharged mustang as my daily driver and as long as u have a good intercooler and low boost ull be fine all year long! but generally superchargers are more for racing/ drag racing than a fun skilled drive etc..