BirdsEye Satellite Imagery

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Duck Commander;12649 wrote:I copied the files to SD card but I cant see it on neither on Basecamp nor on the unit :013:
I hope now it is solved, otherwise pls read the instructions from the beginning.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

No need to subscribe every year, just download all the images and use it for life time,hehehe. Once it downloaded you can use it for life time.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Duck Commander;12670 wrote:No need to subscribe every year, just download all the images and use it for life time,hehehe. Once it downloaded you can use it for life time.
How do you know? Maybe same time, next year, you will not see anything on your Garmin :032:
desert_hawk
Intermediate
Intermediate

caprihorse;12671 wrote:How do you know? Maybe same time, next year, you will not see anything on your Garmin :032:
This is what they say on Garmin web site, the subscription is only required to download and install new maps, once that are in your device, they have unlimited expiry.
already tried it from their web site directly and downloaded many maps, very useful to find catch road, trees, sometimes big dunes.
will give these links a try, thanks in advance for them.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

desert_hawk;12672 wrote:This is what they say on Garmin web site, the subscription is only required to download and install new maps, once that are in your device, they have unlimited expiry.
already tried it from their web site directly and downloaded many maps, very useful to find catch road, trees, sometimes big dunes.
will give these links a try, thanks in advance for them.
Garmin website says:

Expiration Date
The subscription lasts 1 year from the activation date. You will need to renew after 1 year. Imagery downloaded to your device during the 1 year subscription does not expire.

This is tricky answer formulated by lawyers. It says that it will not expire 'within 1 year', as per my understanding. But what will happen the next year?
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

The maps already downloaded are yours forever ! they cant be erased or made to dissapear once your subscrption is over....you will have to re subscribe if you want any more stuff...thats all !

Shafiq......is your montana out of coma now ?????
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wasif Ahmed;12674 wrote:The maps already downloaded are yours forever ! they cant be erased or made to dissapear once your subscrption is over....you will have to re subscribe if you want any more stuff...thats all !

Shafiq......is your montana out of coma now ?????
DC's Montana is a new born child now. I spent over 3 hours through FB chat with him to bring tiles to his device, but I hope he understands now ...
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks to DC, who discovered some troubles in installation, I updated the opening post and wrote more detailed instructions.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

caprihorse;12675 wrote:DC's Montana is a new born child now. I spent over 3 hours through FB chat with him to bring tiles to his device, but I hope he understands now ...
Ya I got new unit and Capri took Panadols to make the SD work hehehehe,
Birdeye only works when you download yourself attaching your unit to BaseCamp, you can't copy others tiles, at least in my case.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Duck Commander;12699 wrote:Ya I got new unit and Capri took Panadols to make the SD work hehehehe,
Birdeye only works when you download yourself attaching your unit to BaseCamp, you can't copy others tiles, at least in my case.
DC, your statement is not true, as I was able to install on my device the tile downloaded. Read the instructions at opening post from the beginning.