Garmin Montana 600 - How to set your Course (CDI)

Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Capri you look like a happy customer of Montana and bird eye imagery ,
Wel come to the world of Montana
Arif

Alternatly one can draw actual tracks using google earths mapping tool and import as tracks in basecamp.This works accurately for wadi and mountain drives but due to the changing nature of desert terrain point to point navigation using route is more practical.Thanks for the input guys the profile feature is a real work of art.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Guys I dont know what is wrong with my MOntana, when I am connecting it to PC with USB cable I can see the Garmin icon on MY COMPUTER but when I click to open all the list is displaying as shortcuts with 1kb size and when I wanna open it says"
the item shortcut refers to has been changed or removed, so this shortcut will no longer work properly"

WHAT TO DO :((((-
Desert King
Intermediate
Intermediate

Duck Commander;12307 wrote:Guys I dont know what is wrong with my MOntana, when I am connecting it to PC with USB cable I can see the Garmin icon on MY COMPUTER but when I click to open all the list is displaying as shortcuts with 1kb size and when I wanna open it says"
the item shortcut refers to has been changed or removed, so this shortcut will no longer work properly"

WHAT TO DO :((((-
DC,

Download and Install the latest Garmin USB drivers in your PC.

Install Garmin Communicator Plugin in your PC: IBM-compatible PCs running Windows® XP or later with Internet Explorer 7.0+, Firefox 3.6+, Safari 5.0+ or Chrome 8.0+

Update the Montana Software with 4.04 Beta version.

Then your problem should be solved.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Now my problem is more than this, Montana stopped working it is even not switching on, so I have to send it back to the dealer :((((-
Desert King
Intermediate
Intermediate

Duck Commander;12322 wrote:Now my problem is more than this, Montana stopped working it is even not switching on, so I have to send it back to the dealer :((((-
DC, Did you update the right software for your unit? [LEFT]If you choose the wrong one, other than the product it is designed for, it will render the unit inoperative.[/LEFT]
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Desert King;12324 wrote:DC, Did you update the right software for your unit? [LEFT]If you choose the wrong one, other than the product it is designed for, it will render the unit inoperative.[/LEFT]
Ya DK it is the right one for Montana only 4.04 beta which a lot of people are using, before resetting I was using it and after reset I install it again. Only oone mistake I did I just disconnect it from the PC without removing it safely but it is not a blunder I think I made:((((-
Desert King
Intermediate
Intermediate

Duck Commander;12327 wrote:Ya DK it is the right one for Montana only 4.04 beta which a lot of people are using, before resetting I was using it and after reset I install it again. Only oone mistake I did I just disconnect it from the PC without removing it safely but it is not a blunder I think I made:((((-
Disconnecting the unit without removing it safely can damage the file system.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Duck Commander;12327 wrote:Ya DK it is the right one for Montana only 4.04 beta which a lot of people are using, before resetting I was using it and after reset I install it again. Only oone mistake I did I just disconnect it from the PC without removing it safely but it is not a blunder I think I made:((((-
Never use Beta systems. Beta means still not finished and under testing. Why you need to be a tester?
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Desert King;12328 wrote:Disconnecting the unit without removing it safely can damage the file system.
This was the story in W2K and today it is only a rumour. Since WXP is no need to remove the device with Safely remove operation, unless there is still some writing activity.

Read more here - http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-574 ... e-removal/