Ten stupid things the men do,,,,,,,,,,,,

Suhail
Advance
Advance

Important things you've to do:
  • Drive smoothly with gear changes at high revs.
  • Ensure wheels are pointing straight ahead when taking off.
  • Make turns as wide as possible.
  • Follow in others tyre tracks to drive on compressed ground.
  • Avoid braking by coasting to a stop.
  • Do not floor the accelerator if you are bogging down.
  • When bogged, try to reverse on your own tracks.
FSL

Suhail;12144 wrote:Important things you've to do:
  • Drive smoothly with gear changes at high revs.
  • Ensure wheels are pointing straight ahead when taking off.
  • Make turns as wide as possible.
  • Follow in others tyre tracks to drive on compressed ground.
  • Avoid braking by coasting to a stop.
  • Do not floor the accelerator if you are bogging down.
  • When bogged, try to reverse on your own tracks.
Thanks for the tips Suhail.

With regards to your point #4... (Follow in others tyre tracks to drive on compressed ground.)
I've personally experienced that in SOME cases it's easier and better to drive on a fresh sand rather than driving on other's tracks or the compressed ground.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

FSL;12145 wrote:Thanks for the tips Suhail.

With regards to your point #4... (Follow in others tyre tracks to drive on compressed ground.)
I've personally experienced that in SOME cases it's easier and better to drive on a fresh sand rather than driving on other's tracks or the compressed ground.
Fully Agreed, specially driving on slope surfaces you will notice that lead and second lead go without much efforts but once the sand is broken you cant drive on that surface.
Going upward it is always recommended to make your own tracks on fresh unbroken sand :015:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

FSL;12145 wrote:Thanks for the tips Suhail.

This SOME cases relate mainly to climbing up on a soft sand (LIWA!!!). The fresh, unbroken sand gives much better grip, compering with the deep tracks made by previous cars.
FSL

Duck Commander;12146 wrote:Fully Agreed, specially driving on slope surfaces you will notice that lead and second lead go without much efforts but once the sand is broken you cant drive on that surface.
Going upward it is always recommended to make your own tracks on fresh unbroken sand :015:
caprihorse;12147 wrote:This SOME cases relate mainly to climbing up on a soft sand (LIWA!!!). The fresh, unbroken sand gives much better grip, compering with the deep tracks made by previous cars.
Thanks DC & Capri for explaining my point...

Nothing beats the experience :028::045:
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

Apart from the key in the ignition, there is a single key I always keep in my wallet, which is on me all the time. It costs 10 AED and saves me a lot.

Another stupid thing, is trying to play with the stereo (or any other object) while crossing an obstacle specially when you can't see the other side.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Desert Lizard;12153 wrote:Apart from the key in the ignition, there is a single key I always keep in my wallet, which is on me all the time. It costs 10 AED and saves me a lot.

Another stupid thing, is trying to play with the stereo (or any other object) while crossing an obstacle specially when you can't see the other side.
Agreed I myself saw my one friend who left his keys inside the car (Jeep Cherokee) and after sometime when he tried, the car was locked. We tried alot to open but ultimately he selected a small piece in rear door to break and retrieved the key.
On our next drive he told us that for Cherokee this small glass is more expensive than the bigger one. :)))-

I also witnessed the second point you mentioned, my friend was working on his GPS and he air borne and landed on his front 20 meter below:056:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Desert Lizard;12153 wrote:Another stupid thing, is trying to play with the stereo (or any other object) while crossing an obstacle specially when you can't see the other side.
Good point DL, I heard the story about the guys to drink the juice in the wrong moment or somebody else reaching for his GPS device while driving, which felt under passenger seat, after his jump.
Suhail
Advance
Advance

FSL;12150 wrote:Thanks DC & Capri for explaining my point...

Nothing beats the experience :028::045:
Totally agree with you brothers..
These tips put especially for first timer's..
Thanx
FSL

Desert Lizard;12153 wrote:Apart from the key in the ignition, there is a single key I always keep in my wallet, which is on me all the time. It costs 10 AED and saves me a lot.

DL i swear i got a spare key in my wallet too :011:

It even gets better... old GM's have two keys, one for all the locks and one for ignition... so the spare key that opens the locks is in my wallet and they spare key that goes into ignition is in my glove box