Magic Level

Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

The trip started on Thursday evening, we met with others Almosters at Al Badayer and we drove all together an easy track to the camping point.
We spent a nice evening all together around the fires, the night was not too cold, the snoring level was not too high.....it was a perfect camping:005:
In the morning our group was the last to leave the camp, after 5 minutes of driving we reached the meeting point where we met the rest of the group.
Hamdam did the briefing, designed the second lead (Abu Jimmy), and the convoy formation, Naser was the sweeper.
Ready to go.....oke, let's go, probably three minutes drive and a very unlucky accident happened....our friend Abu Jimmy roll over :019:
I think everyone was shocked by this unlucky departure, we know that these things can happen, but damn, just so early and in this way
is really shocking. Thanks God Abu Jummy and Supernova have had no injury, and this is the most important thing, world is plenty of cars,
but our friends are unique!
After the recovery of the car (Naser is sadly becoming an expert on this.....thanks bro for your great job towing out Goldy), the trip re-start!
Hamdam spoke on the radio and confirmed the convoy, the only change was me as second lead.......oke Rob, deep deep breath, clear your
mind and be ready.....now!, you are an almoster.....yup, ready to go!
It was my first trip with Hamdam, I thought he was a bit less crazy than the others marshals :060:....but I was completely wrong....:005:
The trip started in a very strong way, the track was challenging and fast, no way to look at the beauty of the desert, 101% concentration
and go. The second part of the trip was easier, but this do not means that the trip was easy! concentration must be always at top level,
any time, never lower the tension.....:028:
The trip ended at Al Badayer shops where we met with other Almost convoies and friends.
I would like to thanks Hamdam, my first trip with you, great leading, hope to have others :059: (now I miss only Lamboo's trip :011:)
Thanks to all participants, Almost4x4 is a great family, but above all, thanks God that our friends were not hurt in the incident.
See you all and take care
Rob
SIDEWINDER

my newbie ride started well with with good encouragement from mr al shamsi after self recovery :048:.then things started to get a little worse with stucks again when mr al shamsi had to pull me out .then either the ride got harder that stucks where just the part of the game and the convoy behind me where already doing this:035:.There was even a time when i got disoriented because i did not see any convoy in front of me.Before the trip i did hear Al shamsi telling us "that i'm your sweeper i'll be your best friend" now i know how true this is. We were riding mostly on side of dunes and i had friends with me who stopped taking photos and telling me "doctor dont fight it go with gravity" "gravity is your friend" i did find that riding on fresh sand was much easier than riding on pits or loose sand created by cars in front.out of all the 3 times i've been with this group this was the most challenging one thanks to our marshals Mr.al khatib Mr.al shamsi and Mr.falcon.At the end of the i did go up to mr al shamsi to say bye and he actually told me that the ride was impressing now that is what i call encouragement.i know desert driving is huge learning process and getting stuck is just the start and getting out of a stuck is the most important thing.i will learn things the hard way.lot of thing learned in this trip thanks again to our marshals.will be going away to my homeland for a month but i know i'll miss you guys.see you all when i get back
se7es77
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks Rob, i missed this trip due to family commitments Thanks god that Abu Jimmy & Supernova are fine and this is the risk the lead and scond lead takes to safegurad others.
See u soon bro:045:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

All the groups met on this wonderful evening, driving few minutes to camp, preparing tents for orchestra, BBQ and good mood for a long discussion in a night with almost full moon and bright stars, in no wind situation. Enjoying just the sparks of the fire, excellent food and smell of shisha, preparing for the next day trip.

Newbie2+ convoy quickly gathered, as the members were the first excited drivers to feel challenging dunes of the area between Big Red and Pink Rock.

After short briefing, explaining the safety rules and communication between the members we started with low dunes, driving the tops and learning basic crests from left or right.

Climbing higher, we got the first and last stuck on this trip, where it showed that white Pajero had a little bit improper pressure in his tyres. And that was. All morning drive of full driving, without unnecessary stops, just to change quickly the second lead, to experience the real drive&feel behind the leading car. Climbing and driving all the high dunes on intermediate level, sometimes returning back again from another angle the drivers performed very well, confirming their willingness to learn.

I would like to thank all great drivers at this trip, Riaz, Rommel, Strawb, Chukulubu, Sheikh Fadi and Madlen who joined us later.

Excellent sweep and support from Gorgin 4325, thank you George, keep doing.
Gorgin4325

Camp was great! It was the first time I could actually enjoy a deep sleep in my tent! Thanks guys for the great kebab too, it was delicious.

The morning drive could not have gone any better in my opinion. Everybody was up to the challenge and Capri did a great job of leading.

I had a chance to be the sweeper this time. When we left Albadayer Shops, we were 7 cars including me and Silvester. But when we came back after our drive, we were 8 cars. :027: I'm glad it wasn't the opposite!!!! lol

On a serious note, Madlen joined us in the middle of the drive and came back with us!

Thanks to all the drivers who made the drive as efficient as possible, and thanks to the guys who allowed me to be the sweeper and learn something new.

I did miss all my other friends at the intermediate drive, but I'm sure I'll catch up with you guys next week.

Cheers,
G
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

As always ...a great weekend thanks to ALMOST 4X4 :) .... it all began with a great camp... great kebabs (yummy) ... had the ever famous HAMDAN KARAK :) ....Sitting around fire while watch the genius GENI build her wood house ... and SILVESTER trying to break it down ;)... all ended well with a lovely sleep in my tent and woke up to a beautiful morning :)... followed by a EXCELLENT drive with the great LAMBOOOOOO my leading marshall and i was happy to be 2nd lead ;)... was a fun filled drive as this was my first time with LAMBOOOO as leading marshall... he did an excellent job...along with the super sweet ABU TARIQ :) ... They both looked after all of us very well...i went up the BIG RED with ABU TARIQ as my passenger... he guided me well and we went smoothly up and down the beautifull big red .... all ended well back at badayer shops till we all freshened up and left for the RAK Cleaning camp. All in all it was again a wonderfull time spent with all of you and im soooooo happy and proud to be a part of this lovely family...LOVE U ALL :043:
Rashidjass
Marshal
Marshal

Hi All,

Full day with Almost4x4 family.

Magic Level Intermediate:

Unfortunately start was not good, a accident happened but thank GOD Abu Jimmy and Supernova were ok and after our superhero :angel: Naser and Abu Jimmy left Goldy somewhere near the road and came back to join the drive.

It was my second intermediate drive, thanks to Hamdan for wonderful route but :013:. It was great experience for me to drive with experience drivers like Naser, milan, Yoghybear and intermediate drivers. Special thanks to Naser for his guidance all the way. Thanks to all.

Cleaning Campaign in RAK.
We reached at campaign area at 2:00pm with Almost4x4 team members,
Again great experience marshalling in cleaning campaign and cotrolling young drivers and bikers :013: from the area where the school childrens collecting trash.

Thanks to my buddy Rommel. After campaign we all had dinner, Thanks to Alkhatib for Yummy dinner.........

Thank to Almost4x4 Club and all team members for a wonderful day :045:
Straight Roads Do Not Make Skillful Drivers yuush
Zamir

It was my first ever drive with any group & I must say I was really impressed. The effort & resources put in by the group members really deserves an applause. I am sure I have made new friends namely Shamsi, Alkhatib, Falcon, OffroadRon & Caprihorse. I believe the list of friends will continue getting longer with passage of time :)

I had a great time as well as valuable learning experience. Thank you :)
NaSeR
Golden Member
Golden Member

It was great drive,, thanks to Hamdan for the great route and lead. Sorry about what happened to Abu Jimmy and thank God he and his friend are fine. Thanks to all member you were driving very good. See you all in next trip :)
delta83
Advance
Advance

again big thanks to almost family, great weekend, first very sad for abu jimmy and supernova.. but thank GOD u guys are ok, this is the most important :) ,
drive was very nice.. thanks Hamdan and all marshals and members...
glade to join the cleaning campaign... though it was a small area.. think it needs a full army to get all the desert popular area clean.. but it is a good start ... again ending with a nice dinner... thanks to almost again.. it was a good idea to have dinner next to Madlen and silvester :011:
see you fellas next weekend :)