Fast Track - Friday the 13th!

Gorgin4325

Hi guys,

I was so excited for this drive that I got to the meeting point before they even opened the shops at Albadayer around 7:30 in the morning on Friday the 13th!

Around 8-8:30 the members who camped nearby the night before started showing up along with some of the other members who were joining for the Friday morning intermediate drive.

After everybody gathered up and chitchatted for a while, it was Falcon who got everyone's attention and briefed us on the drive.

I believe we were split up into 2 convoys, where the advanced drivers would take a different route, but in the same area at Albadayer. (Advanced drivers, please jump in an add your experience)

We started the drive at around 9 a.m. and before we knew it, people were getting stuck on the loose sands of Albadayer. Since we were using the "buddy" technique, I was able to help pull out the car in front of me after the driver got stuck on top of a dune. It made me feel useful for once!

Then it was my turn to get stuck, and thanks to Altosh and Cruzin, I was able to get out and continue the drive. I must admit, this was probably the best drive I've ever had with the group. The combination of loose sand, big dunes, sharp edges, and sudden drops made it even more interesting. I'm not 100% sure, but I felt that my front wheels got airborne 3 times during the drive!

The leading marshal, Falcon, was simply amazing at the way he was choosing the route. I felt the challenge, ate lots of sand, and never heard my car scream so loud! After an hour of driving, during a short break, I checked my tire pressure, and was surprised to see that it had increased by 4 psi since the morning. So, I deflated again, and we started driving once again.

The drive was called Fast Track, and it was probably during the last hour of the drive, around 11 a.m. that Falcon decided to see if we could keep up with him! His decision allowed me to use my 3rd gear for the first time that day!

The ability to be in the 3rd and sometimes 4th position in the convoy really helped me get a feeling of how the leading marshal makes such quick decisions in choosing the path and angles to take. It was also a great display of their skills, and an inspiration to newbies like myself.

By the time the drive was over, I felt like a child who finishes his ice cream and wants MOREEEEE right away! But I had to face reality, inflate, and head back to Dubai!

I like to thank the leaders, marshals, founders, and all my good friends at Almost4x4 who make my weekends a memorable one week after week!

I hope to join you guys on many more drives to come.

Regards,
George
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

Well Said Gorgin, you got that right :011:
:003::047::003:
salhinai
Advance
Advance

This was my first official trip as an intermediate drivers, and boy it made all the previous trips look simple and peaceful. The sand was soft at some places that you can feel it. This trip gave us a glimpse of what is coming at this level. I started with 12 psi pressure and after sometime, when i got stuck that is :019::011:, I checked my pressure again and it had gone up to close to 16.

George thank you for the precise trip repot, excellant job.
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

I regret missing the camp on Thursday. It seems it was a lot of fun and Almosters went crazy dancing and singing around the fire.. Everyone had something to tell about the camp and they sure did enjoy themselves to the max..

I also arrived in the morning for the drive, which did not go as I expected. We all felt the pressure that day from the beginning. When we started off I was right behind Falcon, who has once again proved why they call him FALCON. Right, left, up, down and sideways.. Falcon does not slow down, he goes through dunes as if he's ice skating while there is a whole bunch of guys behind him trying very hard to catch up. But while he moves fast, his car does not jump.

This time Hamdan was the care taker, for when some of us could not make it in an area, he would allow us a fair chance to pass with some instructions and safety directions, but at the end he would rally the troops into an alternative route and join the guys ahead.

The initial phase was the hardest, and I have noticed that the level was brought down twice to adjust the difficulty so everyone can come through. I don't know if this was the plan or the marshals just made the adjustment on the fly, but it only proves that our marshals are ALWAYS observing everyone, and take decisions so the entire team gets a fair deal.

The most amazing scene was when Falcon did a slide and a crest BACKWARDS while we were reducing the extra air pressure due to the heat. I never thought it was possible to do what he did, but again Almost4x4 marshals are full of surprises and getting a chance to see one of them demonstrating his skills is a humbling experience.

I would like to thank my main buddy Bashar for a good drive, he's watched my back and did not get stuck.

There isn't enough thanks I can give to Falcon, Hamdan, Al Khatib and Aloosh. This trip came in at the right time and is what I, at least, needed to settle in and truly understand what Intermediate means. It is not just the rank after newbie, it is a completely different level of driving.
Hamdan
Golden Member
Golden Member

it was very nice see u soon
FALCON
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you Gorg,Sarookh,salhinai,Desert Lizard,Abu tarek,Alkhateeb,Hamdan,Alosh and all how come it was rely a good trip and yes Desert Lizard ((understand what Intermediate means. It is not just the rank)) wait until you test the advance:devilish:.:devilish:.

Note: Desert Lizard, I believe in, if anyone do it so I can. So whatever I do so you can :045:

love u all and see u sooooooooooooooooooooooooon
se7es77
Golden Member
Golden Member

What an amazing camp with lots of fun guys, thank you almost for the time you give and pleasure.