Ice Cream Drive 8th July

Jabster
Golden Member
Golden Member

Both convoys left by about 5.15 from Al Badayer shops. The Newbie drive had 22 vehicles. All were to meet up later for Ice Cream.

This was a tough one in so many ways - but aren't the tough ones the ones where we learn the most??

We experienced a range of events and as a result I would like to dedicate this little poem to all those that helped AND all those that were patient. A fantstic group of people!!!

Ice cream was on the menu
For the end of our ‘leisurely’ drive
But the range of events that unfolded
Meant late we would arrive

A pop-out proved to be
A difficult one to fix
Jabster and Jane were helpless
But Almosters, more than six
Pulled together to help
And worked as one big team
They knew that at the end
They would get ICE CREAM

The heat was beating down
But Almosters did not give in
This was a challenge for them
One they were determined to win
And sure enough they did it
And got us on our way
Amosters, as usual
Had certainly saved the day

This is why Almosters are the best.
Thank you so much to all of our DESERT FAMILY:045:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jabster, many thanks for a great poem :048:

This time Marshals decided to increase the level a little bit, to offer Newbies a new experience. New track, new challenges, new learning curve :051:

Some standstills, some pop-outs, some difficulties to ascend, but all these belong to the show. At the end all arrived safely to Iftar Bowl, to enjoy the promised ice cream.

Let have others to comment on this exciting event.

Many thanks for all participants to part of the team.
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

first of all thanks for the ice cream :057:
....new trip, new experience....difference sand conditions compare to previous trips, but I had a very good feeling :059:
first part of the trip very smooth, second part I had the chance to be car no. 3 behind Caprihorse and Lamboo and it
was a little bit more challenging, I had fun :005:
Thanks guys, as usual always a pleasure to meet you all.
Waiting for the next trip.....need to drive more and more....you make me sand running in my veins.... :3d01:
googloid
Golden Member
Golden Member

Trip started "almost" on time just about 15 mins later than planned with Abu Salem leading the intermediate group around Area 53. Drive was very interesting especially with the high temperature, loose sand and high dunes. Abu Salem gave us a good ride over some pretty challenging terrain - zig-zagging over sharp dune crests, tackling high ascents and then carefully down steep descents made the trip all the more fun.

We eventually reached Iftar Bowl but had to wait for the rest of the group to arrive. It was indeed an 'almost' Ice Cream drive as we had our Ice Cream very close to 9pm, but yes it was very much worth the wait... the Ice Cream was just GREAT!!!

Drive ended around 9.30pm with a drive back to Al Badayer shops to inflate and move on.

Excellent lead by Abu Salem and wonderful marshalling by our side marshal and sweeper. And wonderful performance by all the drivers. Special thanks to all.

Enjoy pictures of the trip which have been posted in the group's photo gallery - they can be found at http://www.almost4x4.com/albums.php?action=showalbum&id=68
NaSeR
Golden Member
Golden Member

Who believe we can enjoy the desert in July under 45C..with Almost4x4 every thing is possible..the trip was really great specially with "Al Shamsi Style".. I had my first tire pop out but with help from Alshamsi and Googloid we manage to fix it very quickly. I have enjoyed driving in new area and learned new skills.

Thanks to all marshals and members it was exciting as usual.
lamboo
Golden Member
Golden Member

[CENTER]i have really enjoyed the trip...it was very nice and exiting...big thanks for abu salem for the ice cream:024:[/CENTER]
blaze

hey all,

well it was an interesting trip......what can i say, jabster great meeting you. given that explorers are not desert friendly, you managed well. the pop out brought together everyone who just happened to be an expert on the situation ( i'm not talking bout the marshals and experts!!!! the newbies that had the bright ideas cuz it wasnt them in that situation!) ok ok i was one of them! :P
well i would say over all it was a very relaxing trip.
@ the 2 FJC infront of me forgot your names, hang in there and dont worry bout all the stucks! its all a part of learning. just improve faster cuz we cant let the jeeps gloat about it! :-)

Good drive sand wasnt as soft as i expected....... but the ice cream was awesome! thanx Shamsi for not finishing our share!
Jabster, you was luck we got our icecream! :P

thanx alot guys! see you on the 22nd, will be representing both clubs on the twin drive.
Jabster
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks Blaze - Yeah was lucky the ice cream was still there - but still feel I owe you one. Will be back in the sand end Aug/Sep and will be my ice cream round!!
Have a great summer - all.
birrdog

One of the best trips yet :027: was it because the sand was soft :032:
Thanks again to all of the organisers - great dunes and not forgetting the Ice Cream which was soooooo coooool :013:
blaze

hey,
you dont owe us anything, its all part of the fun..........but i do love ice cream! :P enjoy your summer! see you with your new offroading wheels! :)