First Bat's drive 26\5\2011

googloid
Golden Member
Golden Member

Desert night drive! It is an entirely new dimension to driving in the desert. The fact that one can only see a few meters ahead of where the front of his car is pointing makes it all the more challenging. On the other hand, the limited visibility and lack of horizon really does help to increase your concentration on the little that you can see. The area we drove would really have been a newbie drive had it been day time, but the night made it look like we were on another planet altogether. Learnt my leassons, the first being; keeping distance is even more important than ever at night. I think the key in night driving is maintaining situational awareness at all times - keep your eyes on the cars ahead and the ever-changing terrain. I remember my little party with Abu Salem, going from Pink Rock to the exit point near Pink Rock and then back through to Badayer Shops and then back to Pink Rock, all in about 45 minutes and at 3am.. phew!!! All I can say is that "mini me" is one mean machine - one minute he is in front of me and the next he has vanished completely... interesting I tell ya!

Morning drive hitting all the dune summits between Pink Rock and Badayer Shops was an excellent closing drive to what had been a fantastic outing!

Thanks marshals for guiding us through our first night drive, your input was invaluable. A big thanks to all participants as well especially the new faces... Hope to get to see you all again pretty soon. Abu J, hope your car is all fixed and ready for our next adventure!
BettyPo
Advance
Advance

Heya boys,

as it was my first ever drive with you guys, I just want to give you a big THANK YOU as I had loads of fun, enjoyed your company and you all proved being a reliable bunch!
Challenging for me was: I didn't know you :013:, following someone I have not before:021: and the spots somewhere behind blinding me :051:

See you soon & keep it up!