almost4x4 StYlE – Intermediate Trip – 20.05.2011

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0mm 5.4pt 0mm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0mm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} We met us in the afternoon, 28 cars, at about 50 degrees. Drivers were looking at each other at this temperature with different expressions in their faces.
However, after some artificial delays, we created the long convoy and hit the track. After ten minutes driving the convoy got the usual length of several kilometres, where the leading marshal couldn’t see the sweeper, as some of the cars got stuck at mid-seized dunes.
So Marshals quickly decided to split the convoy into two and we continued usual way with stucks and pop-outs to Iftar Bowl.
After arrival at late evening, many drivers were showing their stunts, how to drive to the top or not to manage to drive, due to the several reasons. Milan with his black monster was showing the audience self recovery in the middle, using hand brake trick. He came out on his own, and he looked very pleased that he did manage it.

I would like to ask other members to write few words about their experience from this trip and share with others their feelings.

Thank you all members to join us at this trip and Marshals for rescue and fixing pop-outs.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Caprihorse

Well........... Good to hear that our members who started from scratch with us are managing and going up with their own skills .... in off-roading there more to learn not only driving

Good Day
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Red Scorpion
Advance
Advance

Thank u almost4x4 for a nice day out .. although it was 50+ Celsius that didn't stop offroading enthusiasts from enjoying the day in the dunes .. there were even some drivers who didn't have AC in their cars and still came all the way in this weather to enjoy the company and the sand .. it is the sand bug spreading all over the place .. it was nice to meet up with old faces and new faces as well .. good decision was made by splitting the long convoy .. the route was a mixture of fast drive between the dunes like a roolercoaster ride and some dune cresting which resulted to some stucks and pop-outs .. then the drivers went WILD at the giant dune of Iftar Bowl .. chaotic at some point seeing the cars everywhere trying to reach the summit .. the call for order was placed by marshals ensuring everybody takes the opportunity to experience concuring it safely .. that was some show experienced drivers performed .. fully enjoyed it .. by sunset the trip came to an end and the cars were a lined again taking the easy route back to Badayer shops were we inflated and hit back home .. Thank u again everybody for a nice day out and looking forward for the next ones in the future inshallah.

P.S. Alkhatib .. thank u man I owe u one.

Salam.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow what a hot nice beautiful day with so many cute handsome marshals, and my close cute friends.Thanks to the person who suggested to split the convey,lolz. The drive was nice hopefully with stucks, and pop outs really enjoyed. The real fun started after splitting the convey into two. I was nominated for the second convey with marshal Capri but due to my most sophisticated MOTOROLA radio I was soon transferred to falcon convey which was already gone and I have to do double role of leading and sweeping my own self.
It was fast and at the end I met with the convey. Really enjoyed whole the trip and meeting with family members.

PS: 28 cars with mixture of experienced and non experienced drivers is too much for a convey to keep going. Maximum 10 cars per convey with ranking of drivers keeping in mind should be formed. For newbies the tracks are difficult to follow and for experienced drivers it seem so easy to enjoy, because in mixture of less and more experienced drivers this feeling always there. (it is my personal observation, any comments regarding my observations are welcome)
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear DC

Thanks for bring up this topic, to be honest . it is a very difficult call, when you have members with the right level & members who are dying to join that trip ... We have members with pervious experience in offroading either they are Face Book Group's Members or Our Forum's Club Members, so if you see a driver with no rank in the drive . it means that the Marshals are Challenging him for that level. We have many members started with our club by this approach .i.e. Caprihorse joined us as ADVANCED DRIVER after been challenged by Al Khatib. Secondly, Getting stuck or pop out is part of the fun.:008:

The length of the convoy is something goes back to the marshals and their marshaling strength. With a group of good marshals it is not a big issue where in fact
ONE MARSHAL IS ENOUGH FOR 10 DEIVERS :028: I think you had between 6 to 7 marshals so for them it was an ordinary day. The weather was 53 dagree so this is part of the Summer drives challenge.

Best Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
ramidxb
Advance
Advance

Thank You Almost 4X4 , Marshalls & Members for the Nice Trip & Special Thanks for Marshalls who never hesitate to give advices and help especially in climbing the Iftar Bowl and awaiting for the moment to go there again . I am 10 years in UAE, i heard many stories about Off Roading but i wasnt existed that much , but from the 1st Trip where i am in the stories with Almost4X4 i discovered something Really Amazing ...
NaSeR
Golden Member
Golden Member

Woooow.. it was really exciting for me.. I was having fun getting stuck :011: and recovering my self in some places. Even with 50+ temperature it was fun fun fun :048::027:

Thanks to all marshals for this kind of trips.. I will share the videos soon.
googloid
Golden Member
Golden Member

This was a 'HOT' drive in every sense of the word:)... Braving it out in temps over 50C was really a show of commitment by all! Fantastic route, and beautiful dunes all over the place. Iftar bowl was amazing, measures up to all the things I heard about it in the past:)...

Good marshalling especially by splitting the groups, made things move a lot quicker. And yes, it is quite difficult to turn someone away from a trip. I think if there is a serious concern about a persons ability the most we should do is ask them to keep their car and join as a passenger. But, I have the highest confidence in the marhals decisions to invite first timers (with our group) on challenges to place them properly in the club's grading system. And anyhow we are there to all help with the pop outs and stucks whenever needed, its all part of the deal:)

Go Almost4x4... in the short time I have been here I can say yes I agree "Simply you drive with the best".
bu nassir
Intermediate
Intermediate

salaam and good evening to all
i think it is time for me the 1st timer with almost4x4 to report on the trip we had on friday
we all meet at almost 3:15 but coz of the heat marshals decided to delay to 4pm. we deflated and headed toward the dune , but we did really had a large group 28 cars,
the convoy got split into 2 and the we moved much faster ,
for me it was nice trip since it was my first time with the group , and enjoyed meet every 1 , i hope i see al of u again soon on the sand .

thanks to all of u and spacial thx to the marshals. and all members.
Milan
Advance
Advance

This was the very first time in my life that I have experienced temperatures of 50 degrees and above... Where I come from, the temperatures sometimes climb up to 35-36 degrees in the summer, but even that is rare. So, that in itself was quite an experience. And then the drive... I enjoyed every inch of it, even the long waitings for the stucks and pop-outs was fun.

And absolutely the best part for me was when we got delayed because one of the newbies in the convoy couldn't climb up a dune. After waiting for several minutes, Khatib finally told me: "Go ahead, Milan!" I drove on, but there was no car in sight, wherever I looked. So, I was pretty much on my own. Boy, was that fun!!! I followed the tracks, but occasionally there were so many of them, that there was no way to know which were "ours." And I said to myself: "We are Almost4x4... follow the steepest and the most difficult tracks!" I was right... it wasn't long until I spotted our cars parked at Iftar Bowl.

Iftar Bowl is another story. I challenged it many times, and each time it was more fun. I even got to practice self-recovery on the slope, using the hand-brake technique. And yes, Silvester is right, I was smiling as I got back... :)))

All in all, it was a great drive, and a great company. Thanks to all Marshals and other participants to make this drive a success.

Milan