Almost First Star - Newbie Trip – 13.05.2011 - Trip Report

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0mm 5.4pt 0mm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0mm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} Extremely hot weather, with temperature reaching 45 degrees in shadow, didn’t scare 31 drivers, from enjoying this striking trip, to build up driving skills of club members and newbie drivers.

In the morning 31 cars arrived to the meeting point, within them 7 almost4x4 off-road club marshals and some intermediate and advanced drivers, who love to be always in the convoy.

After brief trip introduction we drove to the desert starting point, we deflated and explained newbies some driving techniques using mods loaded 4x4 toy car. Driving towards Fossil Rock, some cars had issues with terrain and overheating and this challenging steep climbing. Steep drive around Fossil Rock was for many new members a great excitement, where Marshals explained in practice the importance of real tyre pressure.

Again the powdering sand prepared some unpleasant situation to rescue team, where both the member and rescuer were suffering a lot from extreme heat. Hectolitres of liquids were drunk in any free moment, as the driver got his hands free.

At Camel Rock dunes everybody did very well to learn the right sense of decision making and choosing the right way to cross various types of dunes.
From Camel Rock towards Al Fayah appeared to be relaxing track driving, in this stunning desert area.

We reached there around noon, bringing all drivers safely to the main road.

All newbies, we hope that you enjoyed the trip and we met your expectations. You are free to express your opinion on the trip in this thread.

In the name of all marshals we, thank you very much for joining us !

Congratulations the first star, achieved by:
Naser, Jmehul, Taha, Surf, Blaze and amazing lady driver Genicabre
NaSeR
Golden Member
Golden Member

It was really a great experience to drive in "almost" style. The trip exceeded my expectations and I have enjoyed every bit of it. Big thanks to all marshals for your tips and guidance and your patience with us :)

Hope to see you soon again in the desert :)
popeye
Intermediate
Intermediate

What an awesome trip ... its for the first time i'am seeing a convoy of 31 cars ( I mean 1 convoy ). It felt like how a train goes where u can see the engine and also u can see the last boggie / compartment ... it was real fun and some nice views ...... as usual everydrive is a new learining experience where i learn one more plus point of my car and one more plus point about driving ...!!!! see u guys soon hopefully in a less hotter day ...!!!!
FALCON
Golden Member
Golden Member

one word it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot wither and driver. It was greet trip with greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet people I hop to see u all son
lamboo
Golden Member
Golden Member

[CENTER]it was nise trip...and it was sooo hot wither:013:[/CENTER]
[CENTER]thaaaaaanx for all driver and marshal:045:[/CENTER]
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello All

I don't know about the drivers who joined us from FaceBook .. If they registered after the drive so we can UPGRADE them .. Please send a PM to one of the marshals to recommend you !!

Best Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
googloid
Golden Member
Golden Member

Excellent trip, wonderful people, great route but foul weather! To all the new folks, a warm welcome onboard and hope to see you on future trips. Thanks to all for making it another good one!
blaze

Wow 31 cars in a single convoy!
Some real skill and coordination show by the marshals and sweeper to keep a high number of cars (with alot of newbies) moving. The trail was nice and mellow with great sights and views! Had a greAt time caught up with an old frend after 8 yrs thru the club! Waiting for the new cooler season to start up again and will see u guys on the sand again!
Cheers guys I had a blast!
Milan
Advance
Advance

Nice trip, as it always is with Silvester! :)))

A bit warm, but nothing major... Who needs the AC, anyway? :P

Always a pleasure to drive with Almost4x4 marshals and other members... Some good friends, others yet to become... And I know that deep under all that Jeep-related hatred from our JAP members, a genuine love for all of us is hidden...

May the Force be with you!

Milan
se7es77
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi All,

It was a great trip with a good experiance, i would like to thank the marshals for their efforts to have a well orginzed trip with lots of fun thu the weather was so hot but i enjoyed a lot

THANK ONCE AGAIN TO ALL MARSHALS