almost4x4 Fast Track 06-05-2011 Trip Report

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0mm 5.4pt 0mm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0mm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} Bright sun, with good visibility, hot temperature and powdering sand awaited 24 cars on Friday afternoon.

The Intermediate trip started at 3:30 from deflation point towards Pink Rock. At briefing we explained to the drivers the basic safety tips, set the convoy and assigned the roles of ‘Buddy System’, where each two of the cars are responsible for each one’s rescue.

We progressed towards Pink Rock over the medium sized and high dunes with very few stucks. Black Car’s pop out was very quickly resolved and convoy continued on challenging terrain.
Steep climb towards Pink Rock rocky pass, for one car was not possible to climb, so he just, accompanied by 2 Marshals, drove around, to join the convoy on the other side.
We continued towards Kalba road, through high and lower dunes, around Dave’s Dune, Camel Rock and Fossil Rock to finish at Maliha road.
Our trip went through known area, but in opposite direction as we usually drive, and this showed new challenges and contributed to extending of the experience of our Intermediate drivers.

All members did very well and showed remarkably great skills and dedication to this trip. It showed that this trip belongs to one of the almost4x4 successful stories.

We would like to thank to all participants to be with us and this trip and also express our thank to all Marshals for their support and rescue of the members.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

thank you Capri for the very fast report,

The trip was very sucsessful and well organized, we had lots of fun.

I would like to thank the marshals for their efforts , the participents for their company,

and every one else helped to make this trip such a joy.
.:045:
What goes around , comes around .
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Well Caprihorse

Last night I was dreaming of driving with you guys ;)

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
leanoypi
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thanks Caprihorse.

It was indeed a well organized and wonderful trip. My longest trip so far.

Kudos to everyone and most especially to the Marshals!

.... now i have the famous orange triangle on my Jeep.:045::057:
Milan
Advance
Advance

Indeed, it was a great trip. Thanks to all the Marshals and other participants for making it such a success.

My only suggestion for the future is to enforce the participation constraints more vigorously. Clearly, that's why we have the levels. Newbies do not belong to an intermediate trip, unless invited by the Marshals. And those two guys that joined us towards the end, before we crossed the road for the last part of the trip, just didn't know how to drive in the desert.

Milan
blue eye
Advance
Advance

What a great trip thats just what i can say, had lots of fun chit chat and few nice jumps lol.Thank to all it was just great.
googloid
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nice trip even though I missed half of it. Nice company and nice route. Thanks marshals and fellow almosters:))
Indy

Thanks to Caprihorse for letting me ride with him on this one..it was another way of learning while watching an expert and picking up valuable tips:) It was nice being in the company of my buddies, and as I wasn't driving it was nice to be taking pics and Blue Eye put up a great show with his high-flying stunts..! Hope to see you guys on sand in 6 day's time :)
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

[quote=Milan;4430]Indeed, it was a great trip. Thanks to all the Marshals and other participants for making it such a success.

My only suggestion for the future is to enforce the participation constraints more vigorously. Clearly, that's why we have the levels. Newbies do not belong to an intermediate trip, unless invited by the Marshals. And those two guys that joined us towards the end, before we crossed the road for the last part of the trip, just didn't know how to drive in the desert.

Milan[/quote]

Dear Milan

Thank for the Suggestion but the two cars that you mentioned were invited by the leading marshal & this is one of the ways that we increase the number of members in the club ... sometimes we find people drive alone and by letting them test the real off-roading they join and keep coming ... Some of the most loyal members in the club joined us by this way... Secondly, I remember some of you when they were newbies were dying to join the intermediate trips so it was the chance that you had by one of the marshals. Thirdly, one time I can't remember who was with me as a passenger and he complained about our newbies so I replied : “Now you can see how our marshals were patient with you when you were a NEWBIE

Off-roading in a club it is not only about the DRIVE … it is about the PEOPLE we meet too.

Best Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Milan
Advance
Advance

OK, I'll keep quiet...